got ethical husbandry?

Red dots on torch stem - acceptable?

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Got this from the CFM today. What are these red things on it? Concerning or just sponges?

IMG_6987.jpeg

Probably some type of vermatids in early stages some of my hammers gets those, i just knock them off when they get bigger or careful razor blade them. Though If i dipped and saw red things in water i wouldn't put that one in my display (quarantine for sure). If they are still on after dip i wouldn't be as concerned and just scrap them off as mentioned above.

Thank you all - yes, did not look like vermited to since these I can detect :). It is hard, not sure if spiked. A bit disappointed you did not like my pic @derek_SR haha :), it was the best I could do.
I have had these. They're no big deal.

They often come in on maricultured and wild pieces. I would scrub them off because they're not helping the coral, but I wouldn't worry excessively.

It was great seeing you and the family today @Alexander1312 . I have no idea what those are. What did you end up doing? Scraping it off?

Likewise Andy! Three dips - Hydrogen Peroxide - Polyplab - Fauna Marin, and scraped off the red dots. Squeaky clean and looks very unhappy now…

Update: Actually just started opening up and looks very happy now (with lights out!).

Last edited:
Back