Jestersix

Requesting confirmation - Amphidinium dinoflagellates?

By the looks of what's remaining in the bottle, it didn't require much. I sent an email today to Mrutzek for a quote with shipping to US. Haven't heard back yet.

I'd be glad to buy buy some of what you have remaining. I'm on your recent salt order. Maybe when we meet up (if that works out) we can exchange.

By the looks of what's remaining in the bottle, it didn't require much. I sent an email today to Mrutzek for a quote with shipping to US. Haven't heard back yet.

I'd be glad to buy buy some of what you have remaining. I'm on your recent salt order. Maybe when we meet up (if that works out) we can exchange.
This bottle is not open. This is my emergency stash..
From the instructions it actually take alot of dose before you can stop. That's why I have 2 bottles on hand for emergency.

Last edited:
Sponges use silica as well. I wonder if you stuck a decent sized sponge in the tank if it would out compete the dinos for it. Is silica essential for dinos? So if nothing else changes but the removal of silica would the dinos die off?

Sponges use silica as well. I wonder if you stuck a decent sized sponge in the tank if it would out compete the dinos for it. Is silica essential for dinos? So if nothing else changes but the removal of silica would the dinos die off?

I hate all the responses in this thread. Mainly because I'm now figuring out how to set up control vs experimental tanks to see if any of these work.

Sounds like a good reason to start a few more tanks....

I've had half a mind to start trying to get cheap/donated 2-5 gallon tanks and try some of these with different types of dinos. Ex:

Cycle one tank. Split (clean) sand and water between two tanks to maintain consistency. Inoculate with dino subspecies. Let them take over. Then try head, hydrogen peroxide, etc. for each dino species.

Problem is that's rapidly proving to be expensive when I think of powerheads, thermo probes, temp controllers, etc.

Back