Cali Kid Corals

Rich in Improv show this Friday, May 18

Thales

Past President
Hey Guys,

My team, The Nuclear Family, has made it to the semi finals in the BATS improv Good vs Evil Thestresports tournament. The semi's for the 'good' teams is on Friday May 18, at 8pm at the Bayfront theatre in Fort Mason, SF. If you have never seen Theatresports, its really fun - two teams of improvisors compete in scenes scored by olympic style judges. For more info check out http://improv.org/shows/goodvsevil.htm

Hope to see you at the show!

Rich

Its competitive improvisation. :D

Theatresportsâ„¢ - Our signature format. Invented by Keith Johnstone, Theatresports is improvisation played as a sporting event. Two teams of improvisers compete in a series of scenes, games, and challenges vying for points awarded by three Olympic style judges (who score each scene on a scale from one to five.) The audience is involved throughout the show, shouting suggestions and volunteers are usually invited to participate in one of the rounds. At the end of the evening, the team with the most points wins.

ah... that's where he gets material for all those jokes during the BAR swaps... =X

I'd love to go but I have a bday dinner to attend =( Kick some butt!

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2052.msg20188#msg20188 date=1179296119]
:D

I been doing it for years...even wrote a book about it.
[/quote]

I hope the book was a little more grammatically correct than this post ;-)

Wish I could attend - but Mandy is out of town for two weeks, leaving me with Jake to deal with on my own ...

Good luck though.

Here is an animation that some of us on the team thats playing did with Pixar. We went in and improvised a bunch of scenes and they recorded the audio. Then, they gave the audio to some animators and let them go at it - we called it improanimition. It was way fun, and got so much buzz at Pixar that the project is now ongoing. A couple of months ago, we went in and recorded audio for the 'prequel'.

Arg. The embedding didn't work. Here is a link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DF4TEkzoeA

Back