Jestersix

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Damn man how did u plan a CARX...I think this is the smallest size for your system. Any other brand will be similar or bigger...
What's behind the wall behind the tank?
The front porch.

I’m going to make it fit. not sure how yet, but I will. Probably need to build shelves for power bricks and elevate a few other things in case of a small leak.

The wall to the right Has a pocket door, so that’s out. The wall behind is an exterior wall and unaccessible so that’s out too.

All though Ash has be thinking about running my RO line through the floor register right next to that’ll tank and moving my RO system and top off under my front porch. Hmm

Is there enough room on the right side (between stand and wall) to mount all the power bricks to a piece of plywood, and have something where it slides out if you need to mess with it?
Something like this?
Screenshot_20200720-214008_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20200720-213948_Pinterest.jpg

The wall to the right Has a pocket door, so that’s out. The wall behind is an exterior wall and unaccessible so that’s out too.

All though Ash has be thinking about running my RO line through the floor register right next to that’ll tank and moving my RO system and top off under my front porch. Hmm
Oh yeah I see that door now

Is there enough room on the right side (between stand and wall) to mount all the power bricks to a piece of plywood, and have something where it slides out if you need to mess with it?

I think there is room for that. I do worry about water dripping on them so I’d have to create some sort of ledge. But that’s a great idea.

I think there is room for that. I do worry about water dripping on them so I’d have to create some sort of ledge. But that’s a great idea.
You could attach a piece of wood across the top of the gap (screw from inside the stand) and hang a slider of some sort from that. Then add a nice front panel like the first pic I posted above. That should keep water off of it. You just have to make sure the wires are all long enough... Would probably need to make a couple holes in the stand side to run wires through...

You could attach a piece of wood across the top of the gap (screw from inside the stand) and hang a slider of some sort from that. Then add a nice front panel like the first pic I posted above. That should keep water off of it. You just have to make sure the wires are all long enough... Would probably need to make a couple holes in the stand side to run wires through...

Honestly, it’s so close to the wall I probably don’t even have to make it that nice.

Thanks for the idea. I’ll brain storm tomorrow and maybe break out the table saw.

How many inches do you have on the right side?

I have about 3.5” and I have a panel of egg crate with electronics on it. You’ll have to drill a hole or a couple holes on the side of the stand to route cables. I’ve done that on the back of a Reefer stand and placed bulkheads to keep moisture from getting into the MDF.

But you could basically put all your electronics on a sliding board (put some moving sliders on it and use wood instead of egg crate) and keep it on the side of your tank.

0df0f5bc21ff947c1a03c5b120409d6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s in the room on the other side of the side wall. Could you do some type of built in storage on the opposite side of that side wall that would be household items on the top and the reef power all in the bottom with the wires going through a panel in the wall? There’s good panels for cable management, but still it’s a hole. I had a similar setup for AV equipment growing up
800B416E-EB11-4A2B-B029-39C729669905.jpeg

What’s in the room on the other side of the side wall. Could you do some type of built in storage on the opposite side of that side wall that would be household items on the top and the reef power all in the bottom with the wires going through a panel in the wall? There’s good panels for cable management, but still it’s a hole. I had a similar setup for AV equipment growing up View attachment 17496

Another great idea. Going through that wall is tough because it has a pocket door.

Back