Neptune Aquatics

Skimpy coral

nnero66466

Supporting Member
can someone tell me what this coral is. Used to be full until I dealt with hair algae problem which as you can see is no longer a problem. I have caught some snails on it. Not sue if it matters. It does have polyp extension in its skinny arms. My clown fish used to love hanging out in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
What kind of light do you have on your tank? It seems extremely white. I'm wondering if it's a standard type of freshwater light that may have came with the tank?

Zoas don't need much light at all, so it must be a very underpowered light, lacking proper par. Otherwise if you have the right kinda light, you may need to adjust it.

@nnero66466

That’s weird I can’t see it for some reason
Try now
Agree those are zoas absolutely desperate for more light. Never seen them stretch that far!
Fluval tank with light in the hood. 3-4 hours sometimes more of the white and switch to blue. Until about 8-9 pm. Just a starter tank to get me started on having saltwater tank. Except for hair algae and short stint with bubble algae it’s been pretty good. Coral growth has been slow and of course that’s to be expected but thinking of getting new light and go from there.

Once my 35 gallon tank is up and going today will eventually move some corals to that tank. Had to resolve salinity issues in that tank which melted one of my corals away.

What kind of light do you have on your tank? It seems extremely white. I'm wondering if it's a standard type of freshwater light that may have came with the tank?

Zoas don't need much light at all, so it must be a very underpowered light, lacking proper par. Otherwise if you have the right kinda light, you may need to adjust it.

@nnero66466
Hey Michael thank you. 35 gallon tank will be up and going today and will move it there and put the coral I took out of it back in as well. Complete water change done and now have to catch the fish in small tank and put them back as well. Lost my flame angel. Kenny thinks it was all that plain r/o water I added to get salinity down. Going to start journal soon.

Thank you going to get new light for that tank.
Just run the blues 8 hours a day and see if that helps first. The provided light isn’t that weak. Put it on a timer if you have one

I thought you can run both the whites and blues at the same time though, for max output

Just run the blues 8 hours a day and see if that helps first. The provided light isn’t that weak. Put it on a timer if you have one

I thought you can run both the whites and blues at the same time though, for max output
Will do…can’t run both at the same time.

Back