Reef nutrition

Switching to ESV from All for Reef

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Well,
Finally decided to switch over from All For Reef to ESV two part. I liked the convenience of All For Reed having it all in one container and I liked not having to worry about salinity. The problem I ran into was that it would precipitate in the tubing and eventually cause a plug. Just spent over an hour clearing all the precipitate from the tubing. This became a pain in the butt. At the same time I wasn’t getting good growth from my corals. So, we’ll see how the ESV works out.

What are you guys using and what’s been your experience?

Gerry

Frag tank: AFR + Kalk
Main display: BRS 2-part, an occasional squirt of Mg which I never measure, and some AFR to help with various misc nutrients

I've had a bit of the precipitate issue too, but have not had a huge issue for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it'd fix it, but my guess is the higher the AFR dosing rate the less chance it'd have for doing that. In theory if you were to dilute it, adding more RO, you'd be able to push more through and help fight that.

I'm not a AFR pusher though, I just use it because it's convenient and I've luckily found things worked as good as I know :).

Back