Cali Kid Corals

This is the second time in two weeks...

H2OPlayar

Supporting Member
that I flooded my floors from trying to get fancy and having too many consecutive syphons running at once. Protein skimmer tube out into one bucket. Freshwater syphon out of my 125 so I can add in RODI waste water while I am producing RODI to replace the water out from my chemiclean water change. I usually have two overflow containers (larger 25 gallon containers for the 5 gallon bucket to overflow into), but one is leaking right now from someone being over zealous with the post digger while breaking rocks...Silly... I glued it back today, so I should be back to two flood catchers.

Everyone get your laughs in, and learn from my mistake. Good thing it is hot out...

You can add these controlled by Alexa to increase your chances of more floods. Alexa “cant’t communicate with the device”.

A29782DA-AE7C-4AD0-8297-01C847A8555B.jpeg

that I flooded my floors from trying to get fancy and having too many consecutive syphons running at once. Protein skimmer tube out into one bucket. Freshwater syphon out of my 125 so I can add in RODI waste water while I am producing RODI to replace the water out from my chemiclean water change. I usually have two overflow containers (larger 25 gallon containers for the 5 gallon bucket to overflow into), but one is leaking right now from someone being over zealous with the post digger while breaking rocks...Silly... I glued it back today, so I should be back to two flood catchers.

Everyone get your laughs in, and learn from my mistake. Good thing it is hot out...

make a u shipped tube out of pvc with elbows to hang on the side of tank and only have the pipe extend into the tank as you want to draw out for a water change. Then you won’t have to watch it.

Last edited:
Or set a timer

A 30 second timer...The funny part is I am flooding when I am running a big syphon into a 5 gallon bucket. Says something about my attention span...

I fixed my RO issue with an optical shutoff on my RO container, and running the waste water to a tube over my garage sink, so I can use that water for fresh water changes or watering plants.

isn't that too much water change within a short time span...2 weeks???
I run ~220 gallons of water and am only taking ~20 to 25 gallons (~10%) out with my Chemiclean water change, but good question.

I am also changing water on my 120 gallon fresh water planted tank that I just added Discus fish to a few weeks ago to keep them happy.

Back