Our mission

Trying to resurrect a Kessil

If I remember correctly from the tour there (which was a ton of fun, thanks again to Kessil and the BAR organizers), it basically came down to "We tell you to clean them periodically and we mean it". They build up with dust, then they overheat. Assuming that overheating alone doesn't cook it, as a result of the overheating the conformal coating fails in a couple places, and you get a short across the salty dust. As to if there are additional defects like the transistor that always seemed to fail in Waveline pump controllers I'm not sure.

Mind you I'm guilty of the same. One of my Radion fans was making a funny noise, sounded a lot like a bearing after a couple years. I finally blew the fan out (it's been a while) and sure enough the sound is gone, must have been something just barely rubbing a fan blade wrong because it's been great ever since.
Yeah...mine get dusty pretty quickly. I do blow them out...but I guess not often enough :(

I’m trying to do the same with a kessil a150, kessil don’t give any parts. Sounds like an issue similar to mine, if anyone has a circuit board from a broken one it would be much appreciated so I could try to get this one going.

b9d8f3b86476fa019cb9d932fffe149d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back