Cali Kid Corals

Velvet and itch questions

If you can count the dots it’s Ich. If you cant it’s velvet. Easy to identify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t have quarantine system set up. After two week pay close attention, i got total 4 fish died, all the remaining fish back to normal, they are eatting well and I see less white spot on them. The fish gone are a pair of orange storm clown, flame angle and power blue tang. The yellow belly, gem tang, rabbit fish, gold flake, coral beauty, four fire fish are still healthy. I think I got itch from stress, not velvet.
Its possible but ich has a cycle every 3 days the parasites fall off and new ones hatch

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Its possible but ich has a cycle every 3 days the parasites fall off and new ones hatch

Not sure what you are saying Is possible?
Part of the life cycle lasts three days where the parasite is not on the fish, but that’s only part of the life cycle. The other part is when it’s actually feeding on/living in the fish.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are saying Is possible?
Part of the life cycle lasts three days where the parasite is not on the fish, but that’s only party of the life cycle. The other part is when it’s actually feeding on/living in the fish.
He said it looks like it's getting better so I'm saying it's possible because the ich probably fell off. Meaning they're probably going to be starting the new cycle that's probably why they look like they're doing better.

If you can count the dots it’s Ich. If you cant it’s velvet. Easy to identify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, I noticed some white spot in the beginning but when it more on the fish then fish very much die in a day or two later. I have not see any death fish for about a week. Most of them seem regain color and very active now.

Back