Kessil

What is a Dream Fish / Coral / Invert that you always wanted to keep!

salty_taste

Social
BOD
What is a Dream Fish / Coral / Invert that you always wanted to keep?

If you know me..... I'm always looking to challenge the norm and attempt what others claim as super difficult or "Expert Level"
However, at the end of the day, anything that survives for me is a success down to GSP or Clownfish.

Fish: Purple Queen Anthias / Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse
Coral: Purple Monster Acro / Master Scoly
Invert: Biscuit Starfish / Squamosa Clam

I've always really liked naso tangs but 54" wasn't a big enough tank. I think I can get a juvenile now that there is 72" of swim space.

I was never able to keep milipora in my last system but any tabling acro is basically my dream coral after swimming in the Tahitian reefs. The large stylos are cool too because of what lives in the coral, like small crabs.

The sexy anemone shrimp might be my favorite invert to watch. Pistol shrimps are my other to watch them burrow.

I would love to have a Tomini and Gem Tang at some point when I have the space for a larger tank. Another fish I’d love, but will never own at current prices, would be a Golden Cuban Basslet.

Coral wise, a Banana Torch would be a dream, cost permitting. Would also love to have a really aesthetic well established Acan garden.

After some additional thought, the real holy grail for me would be a Long Nose Hawkfish that doesn’t jump out of my tank. I have a lid but they always seem to find a way.

Fish: Chaoti wrasse. Tried twice with different levels of success but ultimately loss, so giving up on them unless I find a well established one in captivity.

Coral: acropora cervicornis. Simple tan with blue tips. Not legal to keep and more sentimental after seeing forests of them teeming with life while diving in the wild.

Fish: ribbon snake eel. Almost impossible to keep alive and asking for a lot to keep in a reef.
Coral: sun coral or most non photosynthetic corals.
Invert: don’t really know.
G

Fish: ribbon snake eel. Almost impossible to keep alive and asking for a lot to keep in a reef.
Coral: sun coral or most non photosynthetic corals.
Invert: don’t really know.
G
Clearwater has 2 and have had them for nearly 4 months now, in and out of various tanks lol.

If you want a shot, they’re available. Ensure you feed enough with silverside and ghost shrimp, they love to eat.

I think they may also have sun coral, they sometimes import a piece from Indo

1718898384171.png

Sarcastic Fringehead!!! I've always wanted a local colwater tank, he'd be the only fish for obvious reasons lol

Back