got ethical husbandry?

What to do when pH is too high

You could be in the error rate of the probe. Did you compare to another probe? I have 3 ph probes and they are all off plus minus .1 after calibrations due to the interpolation between 7 and 10 ph
This for sure. As mentioned before, probes can drift significantly over time (in the lab we recal daily in containers that can generate biofilm). They tend to shift a bit after the first cal out of the box, so it might be good to let them equilibrate for a couple days before use. We also store in pH 4 to avoid drying out the probes and preventing any buildup. But you really can just clean them with a soft sponge.

IMG_2407.PNG

I thik you are fine. The phone view makes it seem extreme looking. :D

Haha. I was more worried about the high pH being >8.7 but it’s more like 8.5 since the probe recalibration. I’m still planning to hook up my CO2 dosing and switch back to soda ash, when I did this before I’d have pretty good control of pH. The idea being you dose soda ash at night and CO2 during the day. But my next project is to hook up more dosers to my garage tank and see if I can run it fish-free… I think people might like an option to buy corals from a fish free tank.

Back