Jestersix

Whats the best way to frag zoas?

Chrism1330

Supporting Member
Ive got a nice colony of zoas i want to frag but its on a rock. I wanted to know whats the best way to go about it? Is it using a bandsaw? Ripping the zoa off the rock doesnt seem ideal at all and cutting there feet off doesnt either. It almost seems impossible once there on a rock. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
Ive got a nice colony of zoas i want to frag but its on a rock. I wanted to know whats the best way to go about it? Is it using a bandsaw? Ripping the zoa off the rock doesnt seem ideal at all and cutting there feet off doesnt either. It almost seems impossible once there on a rock. Any suggestions?
Hey I recognize that chalice! Looks really happy in there. That’s too bad lol

With respect to the captain jerks, they are quite dangerous. When you remove them, do not try to cut, scrub, scrape, or otherwise mess with them. Just take the loss and throw out the rock they are on. If it’s part of a larger rock, break the rock with a hammer/chisel (outside of the tank), not near the jerks. When you do all this, do it with gloves, safety glasses, no other people or pets around, and preferably outside. Then double or triple bag it and throw it out.

With respect to your question, there are several ways. The easiest I think is to cut a little under them through the rock with bone cutters/coral cutters. Bandsaw also works but is not what I use.

With respect to the captain jerks, they are quite dangerous. When you remove them, do not try to cut, scrub, scrape, or otherwise mess with them. Just take the loss and throw out the rock they are on. If it’s part of a larger rock, break the rock with a hammer/chisel (outside of the tank), not near the jerks. When you do all this, do it with gloves, safety glasses, no other people or pets around, and preferably outside. Then double or triple bag it and throw it out.

With respect to your question, there are several ways. The easiest I think is to cut a little under them through the rock with bone cutters/coral cutters. Bandsaw also works but is not what I use.
Im definitely throwing the whole thing out today, thank you for telling me that. I was unaware. The last thing i would want is for my dog to lick the wet floor.

Back