Our mission

where to get cheap 2012 acura replacement key?

psidriven

Supporting Member
was quoted $480 for blank remote key and $120 to cut/program. anyone know a more reasonable option to replace a key? miss the days of $5 replacements at hardware store.

Yelp, ebay, offerup, market place

Had a 2010 prius key and program quote from 250-450. You can always bargain. Don't tell them you need it asap...

2012 acura tsx wagon. switchblade 4 button remote driver 1. lock, unlock, panic, trunk.

local locksmith can do valet key for $85 cut/programmed, which doesn't have remote but has chip for immobilizer and can open door, start car.

I’ve never done a Acura before. I’ve done Toyotas and Chevrolet. If you can find someone who has a highend Chinese scanner. Some of them have burners built into them to program remotes. Unfortunately I haven’t done it in years. I know people use to do it on fb marketplace

I did my 2006 honda accord my spare key fob didnt work. You will need one good key I bought replacement remote with key blank on amazon $10 . Used remote unit from new key and replaced on old key. No key cutting required I bought programming module kit $56 on amazon brand was car key express universal ez installer key programmer it has software app to down load on phone and followed the instructions.to reprogram key to start ignition and operate all doors.

2012 acura tsx wagon. switchblade 4 button remote driver 1. lock, unlock, panic, trunk.

local locksmith can do valet key for $85 cut/programmed, which doesn't have remote but has chip for immobilizer and can open door, start car.

Like these?
IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg

Looks like they are available for about $30 on Amazon and eBay.

was quoted $480 for blank remote key and $120 to cut/program. anyone know a more reasonable option to replace a key? miss the days of $5 replacements at hardware store.
There was a company that partnered with Costco and would be onsite for a week at a time with a starting cost of $69. They would process the new key in a van in the parking lot while you waited. I forget the name of the company, but, if you are a Costco member, check to see when they will be back.

Like these?

yes, but with a different blade.
Got this in email today from Ace hardware 50 percent off dealer price for a new key

thx, will check. my local ace can't do immobilizer keys. you still have the programming module?
There was a company that partnered with Costco and would be onsite for a week at a time with a starting cost of $69. They would process the new key in a van in the parking lot while you waited. I forget the name of the company, but, if you are a Costco member, check to see when they will be back.

is it car keys express? next one in the bay area is 9/25, but can't find prices.

thanks for all your help.

Back