got ethical husbandry?

where to get non mulch top soil?

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
I can't get truck load of top soil for ground fill-in top soil ( most of them require me to buy 10x what I need), and i need them to be in clay like soil. ( planing to use some for my pond ) but most bagged top soil around HDX/Lows are mulch filler.

Thanks

I know is far from you and don't know if it still happens in San Mateo and maybe is for those close to SM
Back in the day of doing work for Comcast, every Saturday off of 3rd St towards the bay, a big load of soil was dumped for people to come and grab as much as they liked; I think it is/was from composting.
There are people offering free soil/dirt, even free delivery but you don't know what's in it since big loads of dirt have to have a soil analysis or something like that per local/state/federal law?

Be a bit careful with free dirt. It might have some interesting chemicals in it.
If it is all below grade under a pond liner, no problem. Depends on use.

u-save rockery has soil and delivers relatively small quantities (like 1 yard is ok). Not sure if they specifically sell fill-dirt though, and not super cheap.

Thanks everyone I got someone to deliver the dirt at my drive way. If anyone need some, just stop by
image.jpg

Back