Our mission

Wife’s Old hotmail account got hacked -

newfly

Supporting Member
She haven’t use this account for more than 15yrs. Someone hacked into this account and her Facebook (linked to hotmail).

Contacted Facebook and hopefully they will reset the account.

For hotmail/Microsoft , we are a bit stuck. It’s a old account and Microsoft ask for details most recent email sent. It’s been so long...

Frustrating. Search whole morning and Microsoft don’t have any email or phone contact that i can reach out. There is a forms to recover the account but we don’t have all the details they were asking.

I’m happy they just close out the account. Not sure what other personal information in that email account that may come back and haunt us.

Anyone have any good ideas what to do in this situation? Anyone work for Microsoft?

I can't help on contact MS. but just go through important accounts (financial stuff etc) and make sure the hotmail email wasn't associated with it.
The worst thing would be for someone to hack your email, go to your bank's site and trigger the "forgot password" flow.

Also if you use the same password on other accounts go ahead and change them all.
Its pretty easy to guess that abc123@hotmails.com's password is "asdf" then its probably worth trying to see if that same password works for abc123@gmail.com

Back