Cali Kid Corals

windshield replacement

popper

Supporting Member
Anybody know of a quality affordable windshield shop? I got quotes from $1450 - $1850 just because damn car has cameras on the windshield that needs re-calibration. My Liberty Mutual insurance deductible is $1000.

Cameras automatically recalibrate. You dont need to pay for that. Replaced my wife’s Subaru windshield a few years back. It has the eyesight system. Everything works just fine after the replacement. Find a shop willing to just replace it and that’s it. That’s what I did. Avenue Auto in San Carlos did mine. My buddy owns it, so easy process

Anybody know of a quality affordable windshield shop? I got quotes from $1450 - $1850 just because damn car has cameras on the windshield that needs re-calibration. My Liberty Mutual insurance deductible is $1000.

You might want to check your insurance. Our deductible for our vehicle is different than a windshield replacement.

Depends also if you have a heads up display. That for sure will require some calibration, they had to adjust mine twice after in had my glass replaced after it was out of focus both times.

I only paid $50 through my insurance though, might want to look into new insurance companies.

Just switched car insurance from Liberty mutual to Geico (due to teenage driver). Price differences were astronomical with very similar coverage.

On some car Not only windshield needed to be calibrated, also you need to let the computer know what type of windshield. Not all windshield are the same.

You may be able to consider adding window coverage to your policy. I personally found myself in the same predicament as you, so I added the coverage and then utilized it. The deductible was then only a hundred.

You may be able to consider adding window coverage to your policy. I personally found myself in the same predicament as you, so I added the coverage and then utilized it. The deductible was then only a hundred.
How long did you waited to request the windshield replacement after changing coverage?

How long did you waited to request the windshield replacement after changing coverage?
I apologize for providing you with incorrect information following my conversation with my wife. Our modification was to leave the collision at a thousand deductible and alter our comprehensive to a hundred deductible, which is the standard window coverage under the policy. Subsequently, when they changed that on the policy, she called the company two days later and submitted a claim for the cracked window.

Calling out the probably obvious, but just to make sure it's said, changing your insurance (lowering deductible, adding windshield coverage, ...) so that afterwards you can file a claim for existing damage is almost certainly against insurance terms. They can cancel your policy, and at the extreme is insurance fraud (particularly if it asks any questions about state of things when making the change).

So depending on your situation and desires, worth considering moral and ethical implications, along with considering how much discussion of particular topics you leave undeleted on the public internet.

Regarding cracks, I had back in the day so many cracks in windows. I found some of the fix kits were effective if you get it early and it's not spread. Definitely can prevent it from spreading, and in some cases make chips or small issues not very visible (I can't say completely invisible).

Back