High Tide Aquatics

Aiptasia Majano Anemones Solution

just stocked up on some supplies from Dr. F and S but they didn't have joe's juice

where can i get some joes juice local for cheap? LFS?

ebay has them for $11.50 shipped

any LFS have them for the same price or cheaper??

Google Joes Juice + CA EPA or go to the Joe's Juice Website...

http://www.joesjuice.com/faqs.phpc

Can I order JoesJuice if I live in California?
It is with regret that we are no longer able to sell JoesJuice® in California. This was not a choice made by us, rather it is due to a mandate issued by a Department of the California Environmental Protection Agency. We have every intention of working with the EPA to attain registration for our product and pledge diligence to our effort to offer JoesJuice in California again soon.

Likewise you could search the BAR forum and all that would come up on at least one thread :)

>edit< I just searched and the thread didn't pop up. We discussed it like 6 - 8 months ago though in quite a bit of detail.

Never used it myself so i can't give you a review, sorry. From what I hear it was just boiled water with kalk but don't take my word for it. I think the thread was either in the Resources forum on the Reef (general) forum.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=5935.msg74991#msg74991 date=1232096278]
If you can scrape some majanos free I'll take some.
[/quote]

What are you going to do with Majanos phishphood?

My Klein's butterfly thinks Aiptasia is candy...yum yum! :D

Was going to see if my butterfly would eat it. And if not, then I was going to toss them in a 2g tank @ work and see if I can get them to color up.

[quote author=mckevinfang link=topic=5935.msg74985#msg74985 date=1232090498]
just stocked up on some supplies from Dr. F and S but they didn't have joe's juice

[/quote]Aquatic Gallery had a bunch when I was there a few months ago. Give them a call. Price was good.
I just mix my own brew: Kalk + salt water = killer paste.

I've used aiptasiaX, while it seems to kill them, I'm not quite sure it's the wonder cure, that or I'm just seeing them pop up in places they weren't before.

In my opinion, all of these "cures" (kalk/juice/nudis/CBB/PS etc) are just controls. Most of the time, they just control and in very rare cases (lucky as hell) you actually wipe out the pest.

Yeah, I've tied home made kalk paste, joe's juice, aiptasia-X. Of the lot, I prefer Aiptasia-X because it sticks to them. HOWEVER, after I came home from holidays my aiptasia population had EXPLODED. Pre-vacation I had meticulously applied Aiptasia-X to all of them and after a few weeks, all the once I could reach SEEMED dead. Now granted, my vacation feeder overfed the tank but WOW, they all came back from where I had "killed" them.

My 3 attepts at berghias ended up with dead berghias and over $100 wasted. I've tried peps before but they don't seem to do well in my tank though they often DO eat aiptasias.

My current algae/aiptasia plan is simply to get the tank clean of algae first and improve my water quality immensely...so that peppermint shrimps will do better in the tank and aiptasias will not find a bounty of food. Then I'll "train" a swarm of peps in a QT tank, then move them to the main tank. I'll train the peps by putting them in the qt tank with no food, but an infested rock.

That's my plan anyway...

V

I have used the following treatments and have had the following results:

Lemon Juice - Stupid idea, to much will rasie your PH and I just found that I would kill a large one and get 20 small ones

Joes Juice / Aptasia Control - Works to kill them, however I am not sold on the fact that part of the killing process doesn't allow tthem to send out babies 9or however the tech way of discribing this process) as I can spend lots of time killing them and I always find more.

Kliens Butterfly - Completely wipped out all "visable" aptasia, however once they were gone it turned to candy canes, open brain, and acans for food. This was not OK with me and it was removed.

My current solution is to just zap em when I see em, I never spend more then 10 mins doing it and it works for at least a month. I can live with this amount of work at this point.

[quote author=mckevinfang link=topic=5935.msg74985#msg74985 date=1232090498]

[/quote]I picked some from AG in Milpitas when they have a sale. $5 ea.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=5935.msg75003#msg75003 date=1232120972]
Was going to see if my butterfly would eat it. And if not, then I was going to toss them in a 2g tank @ work and see if I can get them to color up.
[/quote]

LOL :D What kind of butterfly do you have?

Back