Neptune Aquatics

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

DARN YOU BP OIL for damaging our oceans. The oil have damage our sea and they should be punish, punish with a giant fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That fine should be use to clean our oceans. Damn BP, why, its a largest mistake you have done and now we are all suffer. I am very mad an disappoint at BP. From now on... I will never use anything with the BP name on it.

What do you guys think about it? I want to heard what you guys have to say and what's on you mind about it?

Sure I'm upset but this is only a symptom of a consumerist economy gone mad. If it wasn't this oil rig it would have been the next one. Letting private industry make decisions like 'should we cut some time and take the tanker over the reef' is bound to lead to decisions that prioritize individual corporations over the common good. And the politicians that approved the rules that allowed that rig? They were working for you right?
Go watch Zeitgeist if you're not pissed off enough yet.

While I am very sad, for many reasons. I wouldn't say I'm mad as heck. There are so many problems you really can't just pin this on one thing. It's like saying the drug cartels are the reason for all the drugs in the world, while this is true. who is the ones buying the drugs, we are. they don't use it themselves. there are many problems we need to fix in this world.

Yup, I agree with you all... Thanks for you opinion on this topic.

As everyone know, our nation is very upset about this situation, we can only talk about it, but as for now, we can't do nothing anything to this situation. I'm more worry about the lives they'll kill or killed in the oceans. On the news today, Kron4, reported that people found injured and dead sea life in the oceans already, due to the oil gust. Our sea is fragile, and our selfish people are so destructive. They really need to learn how to care, not to profit.

I heard they are trying to figure how to closed it up, is this true?

They are trying to figure a way to get the oil from it, not cap it, the oil is too valuable and the powers that be are all in bed with big oil.

The part that pisses me off is the company that was placing the oil rig is now the company cleaning it up, it's a win win situation for them. They are the the only company capable of doing operations on the scale of what BP was doing, anyone care to guess who that is?

LordHelmet said:
While I am very sad, for many reasons. I wouldn't say I'm mad as heck. There are so many problems you really can't just pin this on one thing. It's like saying the drug cartels are the reason for all the drugs in the world, while this is true. who is the ones buying the drugs, we are. they don't use it themselves. there are many problems we need to fix in this world.

YOu can't? Seems easy enough. Who's rig is it? BP's!!! Doesn't matter what sub contractors did, BP hired them, should have vetted them out more and should have paid more attention to their work. If we outsourced the RN product line and something went wrong, it's our fault, not the company we outsourced it to. It's our product and out name. This is BP's product, BP's name and BP is to blame.

Also you must not know much about drug dealers/cartels then. You really think the cartels don't dabble in their own supply? That made me LMFAO today, thanks :lol: And don't lump me in with "we", I support no drug cartels.

For me the disaster isn't so much what I'm pissed about, I mean we're human, we're greedy, we make mistakes, we cut corners, this is bound to happen. My biggest gripe is that there are maximum penalties for these acts which often pale in comparison to the actual cost of clean up and/or lost revenue of other industries as a result. I think the maximum fine is $75M which yes is a lot of money, but not for a company making billions in profit each QUARTER, plus $75M would hardly make a dent in restoration, however I believe BP did step up and say they'd pay for everything.

But in California, hazardous waste dump? Maximum fine $25000. *sigh*

Didn't they say they'd pay for anything proven to be caused by them.... buck passing????

Tuberider, u are right, it's a win win situation these oil guys pulled off. Like every other company, Chevron always get into sale oil and polluting things, making a big buck, then supports people in Africa so the can make themselves look great. Make profit and gain respect. It's a win win situation. Like in the first Iron Man movie, they built the reactor to shut the hippies up... Really, they produce destructsblr things, gain profits and get hippies respect.

Plenty of us non hippies feel the exact same way, in fact, I suspect there's more non hippies concerned about this then hippies. True hippies have no clue what is going on as they are off the grid :lol:

Going back to liabilities, you should be mad at the The Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund & The Oil Pollution Act of 1990. The Trust was first created in 1986 by congress, then legislation was passed in 1990 to set aside 1 billion dollars for clean-up. The Oil Pollution Act of 1990 set the maximum liability at 75 million dollars. Is there any reason why every person should not be liable for all of their actions? While the blame of the action is rightfully on BP, as Gresham has covered, the fact that BP is not going to be responsible for every single penny of damages is solely the fault of "our" elected politicians. It will also be these elected officials that will allow BP to wiggle out of having to pay for the entire clean-up. When something like this, or the Exxon Valdez happens, it should bankrupt a company. It should be a lesson to other companies that you should not be doing these things. Instead, it will be a lesson that to be a successful company, you better have a strong lobby, better to invest a few $100 million on lobbying than billions on doing the right thing.

I lumped America in the "we", I've never so much as had a drink. would the cartels be as big and as power as they are without Americas addiction to drugs? i doubt it.
same with oil. they don't pump it so they could go for a swim in it. it's supply and demand, americans consume it so they supply it. Not saying they arn't responsible.

one thing to me that i find interesting is the news talks about how big this spill is and how it's gonna kill everything and what not, the public is pretty much unaware of the gulf dead zone that we created that last i checked was twice the size of the spill.

bankrupt a company? thats a bit harsh. there are a lot of good hard working people who work for those companies that would suffer because of that.

if you hit someone in your car because you were texting should you go to jail for life? you were breaking the law? we all make mistakes, some worse then others. some not so much a mistake but the punishment should fit the crime. fine them make them clean up, pay restitution then get back to work powering america.

I am not talking about jail time, simply being responsible for your (or in this case, a companies) actions. Don't you think that if I get into an accident from texting that requires $1000 in damages I should have to pay for the whole thing? The way the rules are written for oil companies, and basically every industry that has shills in D.C., they are only responsible up to a limit. If I get into an accident that causes $500,000 in damages, I have to pay for all of that (not me, but that is why you have insurance, which is why I am a safe driver cause it saves me money). If BP knew that making a mistake would destroy the company, don't you think they may not have rushed as much? And while there would be many people hurt by bankruptcy, I'd be willing to bet that within 6 months there is a new company, different owners, buying up all the capital of the old BP (which is selling of capital to pay for the billions in damages, and hiring all those skilled workers. If it is so profitable for BP to drill that oil, someone else will step in when they go under.

Back