Cali Kid Corals

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

Well I had no cares in the world in the 70's, that's for sure. Growing up sucks*^&@$

MorandiWine said:
Do I need to put a couple boys in here on "Time Out?"

Here is my $.10 on the situation:
This is a serious issue that will have negative effects for YEARS along the entire Gulf Coast and with hurricane season around the corner the risks of the slick getting caught in the Gulf Stream are very high. If that happens then the Eastern Coast, Greenland, Iceland, and Scandinavia was basically going to be in a similar situation with oil on their shores. This *could* effect fisheries and other sea dependent business and commerce. I say *could* because we don't really know what would happen if the oil hits the Gulf Stream.

My stance is a basic rule that we all grew up with ..... if you make a mess, then pick it up. Period.

Tyler

I heard it's a great chance the oil are going to intersect the Gulf Stream and flow through upward to north eastern coast. That will going to cost a big bad catastrophic event for the seafood harvest and sea life. Kron4 been saying in the morning last week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10149233.stm

Yeah right.
I would put the boot somewhere else if they don't plug this mess up.

nanocube-guy said:
Euphyllia said:
I'm actually planning to write BP a letter. J)

Really? What are you going to say?

I am planning on mailing them a giant letter with multiple pages. I'm basically going to fuss at them for letting it happen and tell them to inspect their ships more often. I'm going to tell them that it is going to have an affect on global warming and that my kids may never be able to visit a reef or sea a polar bear. Then I'll fuss at them some more. :)

nanocube-guy said:
I heard it's a great chance the oil are going to intersect the Gulf Stream and flow through upward to north eastern coast. That will going to cost a big bad catastrophic event for the seafood harvest and sea life.
Isn't ongoing overfishing an issue with bigger impact than this one time event?

Back