Our mission

Crazy winds- Backup power check

JVU

President
BOD
Winds are crazy and scary in my area in the East Bay today. Only relatively minor damage on the property so far including fences partially down and some outdoor furnishings thrown around but have had some pretty scary gusts where it sounds like the house is going to blow down or something is going to fly through a window.

Power just went out, my Powerwalls are working and I have a small generator if needed for the tanks later. I’m seeing reports of downed trees and power lines blocking roads including Ygnacio Valley Rd both ways near me, which is the main road through Walnut Creek.

So make sure your power backup options are tuned up and available, and check traffic first if you need to drive somewhere.

Powers out here in Oakland, although on across the street.

Attachments

• 7B33C756-BC25-4A70-96FE-8D2EB266F02A.jpeg
    7B33C756-BC25-4A70-96FE-8D2EB266F02A.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 83
  • CC34AF37-31BC-4360-AB35-AF15FF234690.png
    CC34AF37-31BC-4360-AB35-AF15FF234690.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 83
Maybe I lucked out that power went out real early on status changed to crew on site!

Attachments

• FB46D61A-C172-4271-9452-F3B743EF4F60.jpeg
    FB46D61A-C172-4271-9452-F3B743EF4F60.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 69
We lost power for about one second, the B-11 air pumps automatically turned on and then off. My skimmer pump did not restart. I'll need to check it out later tonight, I wonder if after 20 years, this brownout killed that Mag5 pump.

V

Genny on
Fish swim
Sorry to my neighbors for the noise
What kind of generator do you have? One of those large Trane generators that run on diesel/propane? Or one of the RV style ones that are 5000 kW gas with a manual/automatic transfer switch?

I bought a generator when my kids were babies so I could keep the fridge and freezer running, this was about the time PG&E was doing rolling blackouts constantly, but I've never even put gas in it.

V

@NickRoseSN1985
Thanks for those awesome pics
Eucalyptus trees?
I don’t understand why they haven’t been eradicated!
They are an invasive, nonnative, soil chemistry altering plant!
They gotta go
But I do understand....mo money, mo money....
Yes Eucalyptus trees. You have two camps one is you/me and others that see these as nonnative and should be cut down. The other camp is wanting to safe the trees and they are the charm of Burlingame. I haven't looked it up but apparently they will be cutting all the Eucalyptus trees down and replacing them, but I don't know what they will be replaced with. I'm hoping it will be native.

Back