got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

Looks like TSA is calling it "Atomic Broccoli" and charging $80 for a golf ball size piece, yikes!! Thank you @Darkxerox, @Invictus, and DBTC!

TSA Atomic Broccoli.JPG

That’s pretty high. As a club we should work to lower the price for the hobby, no? Especially considering the awesomeness and utility of this algae
Considering how much effort goes into running a business, maintaining aquaculture systems, and shipping living stuff around the country, it seems like a fair price to me. Price around here is $Free as long as we share in DBTC.

I have a couple small pieces 1” - 1.5”diameter. This is smaller than I received, but at the same time I feel I should just post these to DBTC.

The other option is I post the exact same pieces to DBTC, just in 3 weeks - by which time someone could’ve had it for 3 weeks, and it would be a comparable size anyway.

Regardless, I will do whatever the people want :)

I have a couple small pieces 1” - 1.5”diameter. This is smaller than I received, but at the same time I feel I should just post these to DBTC.

The other option is I post the exact same pieces to DBTC, just in 3 weeks - by which time someone could’ve had it for 3 weeks, and it would be a comparable size anyway.

Regardless, I will do whatever the people want :)
1 inch of macroalgae is pretty small… I just gave away a lot more, enough to make maybe a dozen pieces that size. But like you said, whatever people are happy with since it’ll either grow or not for them. Pretty soon you won’t be measuring in 1 inch increments though.

1 inch of macroalgae is pretty small… I just gave away a lot more, enough to make maybe a dozen pieces that size. But like you said, whatever people are happy with since it’ll either grow or not for them. Pretty soon you won’t be measuring in 1 inch increments though.
I completely agree, it's a really small portion. I just don't have much to give away, but don't want to make everyone wait - and having some has gotta be better than having none

Back