got ethical husbandry?

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!

Friends of mine had their tanks just loose a little water during the 89 quake and not much else. WEll, they lost like 1/4 to a 1/4 of the water. Some had glass others had TruVu.

So how worried should I be about my tank over in Union City? I didn't feel it up on the 22nd floor in the Embarcadero, but the GF felt it good in Palo Alto

If you have a stand that's flimsy / not made for tanks, then I'd worry. Otherwise probably not at all. I've run into my own tank stand like 5 times, bet I shook it more than a 5 earthquake ;)

badbread said:
So how worried should I be about my tank over in Union City? I didn't feel it up on the 22nd floor in the Embarcadero, but the GF felt it good in Palo Alto

The 89 quake was 6.9 or was it 7.2? WAY larger and longer then the wimpy one we just had. Nothing to worry about.

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:
we had an earthquake? :p

I suspect you lab is isolated from stuff like this, huh? (no joke)

Nope. Not isolated by any fancy engineering design. Would be cool though!. In fact, we finished retrofitting (one of the buildings this past summer to handle earthquakes better.

I figured you guys would need some isolation. many labs I deal with are so their (micro)scopes aren't effected by outside elements.

Ah, the labs aren't isolated but some systems are. For example, many laser tables are floating
http://www.newport.com/ST-UT2-Series-Upgradable-SmartTable-Optical-Table/603252/1033/catalog.aspx

Oh crap I want one :) That's what we need here. One of our wet labs is smack dab next to centrifuge alley (dozens or VERY large centrifuges running at MAJOR speeds). I could use one for taking macros as well. can you leave a door open and tell me a good time to come by? :)

lol. I can leave the door open, but you are on your own on
1) getting past the guards with machine guns
2) carrying it out

My only fee for leaving the door open, is some O.F. and PIE.

Oh no I can't afford pie :lol:

You forgot to mention the federal crime aspect.. heck I bet it's now covered under HLS and I could be sent to GITMO for it :(

Those tables are annoying though, I remember them at the laser lab at state, man I swear you so much as walk by one you hear the pistons firing.

Back