Our mission

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

aqua-nut said:
gimmito said:
Sure thing, I just got a Galaxy 3S. I'm still playing with the camera and video recorder (apparently I'm holding it wrong, so the videos are coming out narrow).

Video is pretty much never done in portrait mode, always in landscape.
Just turn the phone/camera 90 degrees. It will either be perfect or upside down! ;) If it's upside down just keep turning another 180 degrees.

We're not too picky, though and are happy with any video! :)

LoL...I shot video in portrait mode with the iPhone, but the Galaxy is in the landscape mode. I promise better videos next time !

gimmito said:
aqua-nut said:
Did someone get a new camera? :)

Looking good, Jim. Now you need another one for the naked clowns!

Nope...just my Galaxy S3 w/camera fx app.

The results are so much better since you turned the phone 90 degrees. You get to use the whole frame! It is one of the best quality phone videos I've seen.

And my 'need another one' references the nem. You wouldn't want a fight to the death over that one nem!

Awesome Jim. Very cool that the clowns jumped right in. Bummer they didn't all get in, but maybe they will learn to co-habitate. Good luck.

gimmito said:
That's high praise coming from you John...thanks ! I wouldn't mind another anemone down the line...stay tuned. ;)

This might be a little OT - Wait just a minute there is NOTHING off topic for this thread! ;)

Two vids you might like.

A series of coral videos. Some great feeding response shots. I linked to his photography tips but check out the others. Some of the best macro work I've seen.
[youtube]McneJvCWmf8[/youtube]

And this one. What I like about this, other than the tank and it's great location, is the 'dolly' shot at about 2:40. He shot this using a step ladder, sauce pan (to get correct height) and a towel under the step ladder. This was slid on the hard wood floor.
[youtube]e09epnmYeh4[/youtube]

Back