Reef nutrition

heat wave tomorrow 95F

95F Monday and Tuesday, are you guys ready tomorrow? My chiller was already running full time today. I might have to change the time the lights come on from 3pm to 7pm.

I have my house AC on today too. I try to keep the air temp around 75 and I light the tanks only at night. It usually works quite well.

teco_041409.jpg

:p

Chiller? what is this Chiller you speak of? :D

Actually its for days like this that I keep my tank downstairs.... ok and the dripping saltwater all over the unprotected wood floors had a little bit to do with it too.

You and your S.F. weather. :/

Sucker was on for quite a bit yesterday and I'm anticipating the same today. Gotta drag the fan out to vent the discharge from the chiller later on tonight (room has poor circulation).

i need a chiller! sunday i had to add bags of ice to cool down my tank. im worried about it today while im at work. i put a fan blowing on high above the tank to help. hopefully it works! but if anyone has a good deal on a chiller let me know i need to buy one!

Danville's hitting 92 today and tomorrow. My wife's keeping the shutters closed, but I'm still worried because unlike our old house, we have no trees to shade us from the sun :(.

Dang! I have my ACJr (Aqua Controller, not Air Conditioner!) sitting next to my tank NOT contolling fans or lights. I think I have some last minute tinkering to do tonight!

V

Here ya go Vince

If Temp > 80.0 Then FAN ON ; Fan on if temp exceeds 80
if Temp < 80.0 Then FAN OFF ; Turns fan off if temp exceeds 80
If Temp > 82.0 Then MH0 OFF ; this turns off halides if temp exceeds 82.

Of course you need to assign you plugs as such :)

Looking at my graphs yesterday, my tank temp got to 79.6, which is rather warm for my tank as I keep it in the 77° range. No fans though.

Big fan on a little tank do wonders. My ACjr turns the fan on what seems like every 10 min or so, for about a min.
for what it's worth, 3 years ago my tank got up to 86 deg every day for a week during a heat wave. I didn't lose a thing then. just make sure the swing isn't to fast.

My tank used to hit 84 regularly with no problems at all, although i like to run closer to 79. I usually adjust my 'winter avg temp' to 75/76 and my 'summer avg temp' to 80. That helps decrease heater usage in winter and decrease chiller usage in summer. Makes for a better utility bill.

Back