Cali Kid Corals

jestersix 150G PlasmaLand

Some new tank shots...of course every time I get the camera out the melanurus goes sand surfing!

Mid tank w/ lights at 100% - all others are at 50%

005cropped.jpg

068.jpg

Right end

081.jpg

Left end

080.jpg

Had a late night last night and decided to feed some of the LPS without having to fight with my melanurus over the pellets. I was realy surprised to see the Australomussa opened and ready to eat! It had extened a nice ring of short feeder tentacles and gladly ate a half dozen of the Fauna Marin LPS pellets. Guess I will have to start feeding late on a regular basis, because it was just fun to watch - almost as good as feeding my Scolies. The Australomussa really likes low light, I finally moved it under a ledge at the far right side of the tank and it has healed completely and is developing a nice green rim of new growth after only a short time. I am curious to see the color development now that I've finally found a place where this piece is happy. I'm ready to add another for sure!

jestersix said:
Couple more pics...

Full light pic of the Australomussa, starrting to see some green highlights come out - I love this piece!

020-1.jpg

How much did this piece set you back? How big is it?
Looks awesome :)

Thanks, I love this piece!! It is about four inches across, picked it up from Aquatic Central in the City for the stunningly great buy of $100. I'm hoping Chris still has some next trip up, because I would really like one more (at least!).

Nice work, John. I love to see someone bold enough to embrace newer technology and make it work. You're a pioneer and we are all rooting for you and following the updates with great relish to see how your livestock reacts to your lighting scheme. I'm glad you added the blue RB LED's. I did the same and actually have an dedicated "blue only" hour at the beginning and ending of my light-day to enjoy what you observed.......black light poster look of the entire tank and incredible florescence produced by some of our livestock. Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

John .. is the shot of the milli with the LED on? Can we get a shot of it under the plasma's at 100%? What the color of it?

DML08 said:
John .. is the shot of the milli with the LED on? Can we get a shot of it under the plasma's at 100%? What the color of it?

Thanks to all for the comments.

The second shot is with the plasmas at 50% and the LEDs on. Color under all plasma at 100% is still nice and purple - I will get a 100% plasma shot and some other growth pics this weekend.

Here is the Milli under the plasmas at 100%

209.jpg

Some growth shot comparison, some of the pieces have been moved and the different shots are from different angles, but I wanted to try and show how things are progressing under the plasmas.

Hawkins first is from 5/27 second from yesterday

Seashine150009.jpg

211.jpg

Yellow Milli - first is from 5/27 second from yesterday

Seashine150011millicropped.jpg

207.jpg

Pink Milli - first one is 8/4 second from yesterday

024-1.jpg

214.jpg

Really bad image layering, but I had fun playing with this...

10-11-09_104800_MB_R8_S4.jpg

Need to take some pics specifically for this so I don't get all the crazy trash in the image.

I guess a bad video is better than no update...or maybe not. Regardless, playing with the new camera, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VJv9agxTqY

The tank looks really healthy. Your wrasse loves the camera! How is the plasma light system comparing to your old system after many more months? Great growth on the photos from October.

99sf said:
The tank looks really healthy. Your wrasse loves the camera! How is the plasma light system comparing to your old system after many more months? Great growth on the photos from October.

Thanks! My melanurus is a HAM, he will not stay away no matter what I am doing in the tank. I love the plasmas, had a problem with one unit (not a surprise, since mine are both Beta units) and it is back with Stray Light for a fix (BTW, their customer service ROCKS!!), and I'm using T5s to hold me over. I miss my plasma! Forgot how much better I liked the look, until I saw the T5s again.

I need to get some new growth shots up, there are a few pieces that are just off the charts...but will wait until the plasma is back.

Back