got ethical husbandry?

low tides 7th and 8th

Anyone recommend places to see pools this coming weekend when the water will be way down? The preserve down towards Half Moon Bay is an option as I have only seen it at high tide. Anyplace north of the gate to Pt Reyes, or as far south as Santa Cruz?

Interested in this as well. I supposed I could always head down to Monterey/Pacific Grove area, but seeing places up here would be cool as well.

It might be further than you want to go but Salt Point state park (search for 'Plantation, CA' on google maps) is great for tide pooling.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=453

I like the tidepools at Pigeon Point lighthouse down in Pescadero. For whatever reason I felt like there was more to see there than I have found at Fitzgerald in HMB.

Natural bridges SP in north santa cruz has some nice tide pools. Plus the monarchs butterflies are there during the winter.

Depends on what kind of tidepools you want to see really :) Salt point is great for seeing algae you won't see around here and some really cool snails. Pigeon Point is nice, Pescadero is great, Ducxbury Reef in Point Reyes is off the hook, Natural Bridges is nice but a ton of people go there and UCSC has area tagged with transects which is rather distracting, hmm, more?

Supposed to rain isn't it?

I'm telling you, Duxbury Reef has the best tide pools around :) I frequent tide pools quite often up and down the coast and have since I was 5 :) Duxbury since being protected has really taken off. I saw six ab's sitting on the surface of a rock last time, not something you'll see at most other tide pool places (due to poaching).

As long as it is not thunder and lightning, I'll get wet on the top side too. I've been around the rocks enough to know getting wet on the underside is a little too easy.

Damn straight!!! I like wearing my crapper wetsuit for serious tide pooling :)

never mind i found it. here is what i found in the web

From the Golden Gate Bridge, follow 101 north and take the Highway 1 exit, following it past Muir Beach to Stinson Beach. North of Stinson Beach, just past Bolinas Lagoon, turn left of Bolinas Road, right on Mesa Road, then left on Overlook road, following it almost to the end. About a block before the cliffs, turn right on Elm Street (I think it's the only paved right turn from Overlook), and follow it to where it basically ends at the Agate Beach parking lot.

Yeowza! I am sore and tired, and sun baked. Just a tad bent over even. I haven't felt so cooked since the Southeast coast. The southwest facing cliff walls made for some great solar return in the afternoon. The wind was way down, and the surf way out. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

One foot mishap with one incoming wave, much of the day was with sog foot. For the most part down side dry.

Back