Neptune Aquatics

Monterey bay Aquarium taking down Jellyfish displays Sept 1st

G

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/efc/efc_se/se_jla.asp

This is your last chance to see the fabulous Jelly displays at The Monterey Bay Aquarium. If you haven't seen them...GO NOW!!!!!

They are leaving Sept. 1st to make way for Seahorses.

sad to see them go cause they are AWESOME!!!! I'm definitely glad I went. 100 miles one way for me and worth it!

..but I am curious/excited to see the seahorse exhibit

I'm not a big seahorse fan myself :( I'd much rather see the jellies :( I did see them a few times though and in the public aquarium world that had to have been the longest running temp display ever :) IIRC it was only meant to last a year :D

I believe that there are 2 displays for Jellies...the main one on the top level by the outer bay exhibit I think is staying. The Living Arts one is downstairs from there and that is the one that does get changed from time to time.....but I could be wrong.

That whole Jellyfish "wing" of the aquarium is spectacular, I will double up the plea to see it if you haven't.

BTW do you know what they're replacing them with Gresham?

The entire display was meant to be a temp installation. I emailed David Cripe (Curator) about it so we'll see just what is leaving and what is staying :D

I just got back from a dinner party with Dave. The big jelly exhibit will soon be a sunfish exhibit. They won't remove the jelly fish though.

huh he just emailed me last night saying the main gallery (2nd floor) isn't going any where, only the other one is (Jellies Living Art).

I forgot you are in the CG :D

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=4070.msg48728#msg48728 date=1215666450]
Ah ha! I told you!..... GreshamH knows everyone and everything!.......and you didn't believe me.
[/quote]

I do know a lot of people, networking is one of my specialties :D I know far from everthing...trust me :)

with all these BAR members that know people who know people when is BAR gonna get a behind the scene tour of the aquarium. (i tried to find a way a few years ago for the club but nobody pays attention to me :) )

Someone in the SFBAAPS club works at the Monterey bay aquarium. If you guys are serious about it I am sure he would lead a behind the scenes tour. Eric or I could ask him.

Back