Jestersix

[Nov 8, 2014] Members Only Mini Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

The deli container is supposed to clear, but is there a preferred location for where the label should be? on the lid or side?

And of course I strained a muscle in my back right before the day where I'm going to do a LFS tour and bend over to look into tanks... hurray! :( That's my way of saying I might smell like Bengay tomorrow :D
Either or, we'll gauge what seems to work best for this type of event with the quick pick times. :)

Great turnout for our inaugural mini frag swap! Thank you all to those who participated in today's event. Please go ahead and share any feedback you may have, both positive and negative. We, the club, would like to make these events the best that they can be no matter what scale. Your feedback is extremely critical to the success of these events.

Also, after some thought, I'm thinking of changing the name of this type of event to a BAR Speed Swap. Thoughts on the new name? :)

That's how I described it to my wife, speed swapping.

Overall it was fine for what it was, went quickly, if I had one thing to complain about is the labels. Specifically the size of the writing. Now while some of it was me not being able to bend over too much, if we have 30 seconds, I want the name of that coral to be big as all hell so I can just glance over the table and read everything without having to bend over, the other writing can be small, but the type of coral should be big.

But no other complaints/suggestions for change though.

Agree, labels were the only real issue. Especially with my age-challenged eyes.
Otherwise went great.

Ideal seemed to be:
Print out the info in large font, plus add a small picture.
Cover with tape so it does not smear or get wet.

I was going to say registration did not need to be an hour,
but it was fun to talk to some new members.

I really enjoyed chatting with everyone and thought everything went well. I agree with the comments above re: labeling. Some folks missed the room number above so perhaps we need to make that bigger and bolder next time and also say "Park in Section B12".

Agree, labels were the only real issue. Especially with my age-challenged eyes.
Otherwise went great.

Ideal seemed to be:
Print out the info in large font, plus add a small picture.
Cover with tape so it does not smear or get wet.

I was going to say registration did not need to be an hour,
but it was fun to talk to some new members.
Yeah, registration was that long for that exact reason. Also, it gives folks a larger window of allowance to get there on time, even if they don't get priority picking. :)

Back