Neptune Aquatics

Orange Bam-Bam zoanthids

Hey Charles, I made a single polyp frag when I got home on Saturday, and you can have it if you like. It is very healthy and opens up all the time.

Btw, how much light should I give it under 250W MH?

How much light......I was actually discussing this with Steve. He is running 400w 20K MH over his palythoa tank with very shallow water. He says this works great. I always assumed zoa/palys liked lower wattage. What I can say is:
I have two clusters. One ~8" away from 6500 and 10K T5s and one ~20" away from 10K/20K T5s. Both appear to color up nicely, both appear to be growing well. I have found that they like at least medium intermittent flow. This seems more important than light in my tank.

Hi All,

This DBTC took off like crazy and I appologize to those who have not yet received their frags. Here's the list I have (and the status for Eileen):
Cits - Picked up Aug 11th
DZHuo
Patchin - Picked up late June
Xinumaster - Pickep up Aug 11th
Nash
Tonggao - Picked up Aug 11th
Mr. Ugly - Picked up Aug 11th
Skorpinox - Picked up Aug 11th (?)
Raddogz - I don't know how but I missed you at the swap
Nash
TimTen
JKReefer
Sulcata1619
Carpus
Delsol650
Jmc74
NewAlameda - Forced on him Aug 11th

That's all I know of right now. For everyone else I have frags sitting in my tank. Probably 6 more available with at least 7 polyps per. I also have ~ 20 single polyps folating on rocks waiting to anchor. They should be ready at the end of the month. They are all bleached but if you come over I'll show you all of the healthy children. They are beautiful when grown healthy.
If I gave you a frag, whether or not you are on the list, please tell me so I know and so it can be tracked for DBTC.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Matt: Yeah, my softie tank is T5s zoas/palys seem to grow nice whatever, however when I got some blue ones and orange ones, for kicks and giggles I tossed them in the bottom (on a separate rock for easy removal) of my 18" tank with 250w 12k bulbs over it, and they seem to have colors that are just as good, no bleaching out, anything.

I believe the largest issue if you go from some tank with PC lighting to very strong MH lighting (10k) you might get some adverse affects. I'm not really sure how much light a 20k puts out, but I do know that is significantly less than a 10k bulb...

Matt, don't worry about it. I actually wasn't sure if I signed up for this or not. I can always pick up a frag down the road, no rush.

Tong, that'll be cool if I can pass by some time next week. I can frag you a piece of my ORA German Blue polyped Acro, ( but it'll be small since its still a decent sized frag )... LMK what times you can do.. my work hrs changed and I get off 4pm now...

Hey,

If the going rate is a blue tipped acro, I'll deliver a nice bright healthy frag. ;) No need for you to grow out one of the faded pieces.

Charles, Matt's offer seems to be unbeatable here ;). Feel free to trade with him if you like, but please let me know so I know if I should pass my little faded frag to carpus (unless Matt beat me to it again ;D).

Just a reminder to folks... you can set up trades in our Buy/Sell/Trade forums here:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?board=8.0

That forum has the extra benefit of being open to non BAR members as well.

DBTC forums should be only for the Pay It Forward propagation program.

Thanks kindly!

:D

I have a few more that have grown out. I was saving one or two for the swap, but I can part with the extra.

BTW, I'm interested in anyone's success with these.

Back