Neptune Aquatics

Picasso Clown pair spawn

BAYMAC said:
I can pass you Matt's book, and I think I have Joyce's as well. I'll look around.

FWIW the first 3-6 clutchs normally don't do so hot.... and I would pump up the nutrition of the broodstock... TDO works great for this ;)

ALso, greenwater is pretty much crucial for larvae... IMO/IME you don't want to not do it. IT allows a background to the rotifers, and the larvae get a little phytoplanton as well (as some studies have shown that I have not read yet but was told about them)

Very interesting about phyto directly benefiting larvae - I definitely want to hear more about that! Any word on when the greenwater complement to RGcomplete will be available?

Wittenrich's book is the most definitive reference at this time, but he omits specific information pertaining to clowns because it is so thoroughly covered elsewhere. For those looking for a step-by-step recipe I still feel that Wilkerson's book is more pertinent, albeit a bit dated in nutrition and culturing information.

This morning the clowns were cleaning the spot on the rock where the clam shell was.
I glued the shell back in there and they JUST LAID EGGS on it in less than a few hours after I stuck it there.
Amazing!
I will pull them in 9-10 days for round 3!

Good hatch today. Right on schedule. Tank sides blacked out. Bubbles on the heater. Live rotifers with phytofeast in there with them.
Grow!

let's not count our clown fish yet! Actually I did.
These things are so friggin tiny it's not worth the pixels just yet.
I'll give it a week or two I hope :)

Back