got ethical husbandry?

Reefapalooza 2018 Anaheim

I need to re-evaluate how I bring frags home. Bought the transport at MACNA and lost 3/5 frags. Bought the insulated transport this time and lost 3/4.

Maybe it’s because it takes longer for me to get home than you guys.

Lost my rainbow orange loom, angry birds and an unnamed tenius is barely hanging on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alienz landed in Mountain View!
4c69e75a48e859cbee4bed13fcd005a0.jpg

That looks like something that came from a space ship

I need to re-evaluate how I bring frags home. Bought the transport at MACNA and lost 3/5 frags. Bought the insulated transport this time and lost 3/4.

Lost my rainbow orange loom, angry birds and an unnamed tenius is barely hanging on.

Ouch.

They told me 20% brighter and a larger spread pattern, but remember they said that the upgrade to the AP700 was also 20% brighter. Also there's a new controller for them that has more functionality. My thought on both of those is -- umm,,, great. One of the reasons we buy Kessil's is they require no "functionality" since the color mix is optomized at all brightness and color settings for color growth. Also -- no one runs their Kessils on 100% so do we need 20% brighter that we won't access anyway. One last change is the size of the light. The casing is much thinner and more of a Tuna can look than a Soup can look. I
I run mine about 90% (I have a 30" deep tank)...so I would love to have more "brighter". They eluded to the upcoming launch of the X when we were on the Kessil tour. I chatted with him at MACNA about the X which they had on display over a cloudy tank....

BTW, I've had three of my 360we die on me over the last 6 t9 months or so. They've replaced two of them, but the latest they weren't willing to replace (due to age). I had Kessil look into the root cause for me and they told me it's because they shorted out due to dust, etc....bummer, I guess I should be blowing them out more often...they do get dirty.

Oh man, that bites! What time did you get home? I didn't take off from RAP immediately. After the show was practically over (5:50 P.M.), I went to my buddy's place and picked up some corals there, and then we went out to grab some ramen for dinner. I didn't leave the restaurant until 8:20ish. Didn't get into Santa Clara until 1:30 and didn't leave the office until ~2:50 A.M. They were dipped in Bayer prior to going into the tank.

Also, it probably helps if you pick the frags up last minute or have someone hold the frags in their tanks at the show. I didn't pick up my frags from Law Office until ~4 p.m. and the most wasn't picked up until ~4:30ish. The rest of them went into the coral carrier at 5:30ish.

Back