Our mission

Sadness

Hey guys,

Anyone near by have any sps they could throw my way as a canary? I am pretty sure I am ready for corals again, but want to give it a go with something no one will miss. :D

And again, thanks everyone for their support and generosity!

Sorry I couldn't drop off the pocci's yesterday Rich :( You still can have a few mini colonies to test the tank if you want. If your willing to wait Matt/Anne are coming down for Christmas and could bring them home with them :D

The only thing I have from the list you made is the Indo Superman Monti but it is a very small piece that I can not frag.

I do have a Setosa frag, ORA Scripps Green Stag, Yellow/Green Stag, Acro Microphthalma, Purple Rim Cap, Blue Milli, Green with blue tip Tenius, Steve Elias Acro, Pink Jade and Raspberry Milli. If you would be interested in whichever let me know and I can bring it to the February Meeting. Just keep in mind that these will not be big frags or mini colonies, all my corals started out from frags so I don't really have anything very big.

I have more indo superman monti then I know what to do with.

Rich I can give you some plain vanilla caps if you want to throw them in the mine.

I know you're just looking for the "starters" right now so I can offer some fast growers:
Purple Cap
Bright Green Cap
Some crazy green/brown/purplish acro
Steve Elias Stag
Atl Green Birdsnest
Orange Digi

When you are ready for more:
Ponape Birdsnest
Bali Tri-Color
Blue-Tipped Red Acro from Eileen
Crazy Green/Purple/"oil slick" Millie from Serg (hard to describe but cool mix of colors)
Many zoos (if you want them)

I'll have more in a few months, but I'm also rebuilding after a crash right now.

-D

Update time! Its been 3 or 4 weeks and everything is looking good. The deep colors are starting to return to the corals that made it. Yay!
Thanks so much to everyone for their support and canaries. I think everything is good to go.

I am looking for a few pieces to replace from the list above. If anyone has some let me know (also red pavona maldivensis) and I'll try to figure out times to pick them up...full time jobs suck for this part of reefing...of course if you want to drop stuff off at Steinhart I could show you around back of house!
Before I go to DBTC looking for replacements, I am hoping some people have larger frags or pieces they are willing to part with either from the kindness of their heart or for dough. :D

Again, thanks everyone, the support and helpfulness has been overwhelming!

Dam rich, sorry to hear about the tank. I have gone through that feeling a few times.

Feel free to come by and grab anything from my tank, I may have a frag or two that your looking for. Unfortunately the tank is in Milpitas now and not in Oakland anymore.

Glad to hear that the tank is doing well again. :D I don't have any nice SPS I could frag for you, but would you like me to bring you some Strombus maculatus snails to the Feb. swap?

Things are going remarkably well. Given the 25 pieces that Kevin sent me from Live Aquaria and the tons of frags that Jeremy and Charles have forced on me so far, I am not really wanting for coral. :D

Thinks have really recovered well, and the colors have deepened to what they were pre accident. I will even have frags for the swap.

The only thing I am really still looking for is the EPM, and hopefully that will be coming for me at the swap.

I just ordered a pH controller for the kalk reactor and I have already put the skimmmate removal pump on a 'turn past' switch so it will turn off automatically.

Once again, this club rocks for support and rebuilding help. :D

Back