got ethical husbandry?

Willie’s Last Aquarium Build

Hello. Well for some reason I got a bug up my butt. I keep thinking about my old 300 from 20 years ago. That aquarium was 8’x30”x24”. It use to be called the reefers dream aquarium cuz it was supposed to be the perfect size.
We’ll fast forward 20 years. My 190 is feeling a little narrow. I priced out some aquariums and they are just too expensive . I’ve always been a builder so here it is. My last aquarium.
Some assembly required. I’ll try to document it as much as I can. Dunno if anyone is interested. I’ve built aquariums before. Just not this big.
It’s gonna be a 8x3x2. External over flow. I’m hoping for a Steve Weast version of the rockwork. OG’s will know who he is.
This is definitely going to be interesting to follow along with. I’m here stressing about putting together a 5 Gallon Pico I’m going to DIY and you got a 8’x2’ lol

Lets see them Jedi build skills Will..!! Awesomeness will be following. Just don’t forget to anti up your insurance lol
Best of luck!!

This is going to be awesome! Excited to see all your work and passion go into this. Those saw cuts were bad! Looks like they need to sharpen the teeth too. Glad they're getting you new cuts though. For the price of those...they also didn't need to escalate it to the point of you having to get upset. But at least they're making it right.

Part Duex. Back to Hayward again. Edges still isn’t perfect but a lot better than before. Tomorrow is Weir building day.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 55
This is the one it came with. It’s really nice. The one under my 190 is also an advanced acrylics. It’s basic tho. I was thinking joining them together, it also came with a really nice ato the I might turn into a fuge and link it in. I’ll have to play around with the space when it in the fish room. Dunno if I want to drill into such nice equipment. Never had things so nice before

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 58
That third picture is impressive!
And the second pic, the reservoir, would make a fine refugium
And since it’s already there, why not just use that existing sump?

Yo. I’m gen x. I don’t know how to control this tool. Some times it yells at you. Some times it changes what I say. Oh shit. It’s my girlfriend. Lol

Back