Kessil

New tank- beginner here 20g

Is that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with regards to that shell, maybe take it out. Not sure if this scenario is likely, but it may slowly dissolve, and add phosphates to the water. Not a huge issue, but why deal with it?

Also, it takes up precious space that you can use for coral growth.

BUT ultimately, it's your aquarium, if you like it keep it, just (as with all my advice) maybe google if it's OK to have in there.

V

Even if the abalone shell did dissolve, I think shells are just made of mostly calcium carbonate. It'd be a free source of carbonate and calcium for your tank.

If there's a lot of dead organic material on it, that's a different story.

with regards to that shell, maybe take it out. Not sure if this scenario is likely, but it may slowly dissolve, and add phosphates to the water. Not a huge issue, but why deal with it?

BUT ultimately, it's your aquarium, if you like it keep it, just (as with all my advice) maybe google if it's OK to have in there.

V
ce1737564418ee0de2f60f2c8f5605dd.jpg
2db58bb2ca19d935d29492d10e9003f7.jpg
c214f3534c1324c084d2180e522cbb35.jpg

I figured you would say that, so decided to hook up the sump finally. Hid the lines with the shell. I used pex pipe to run the lines I used a Tee side up so that the chances of a clog are less ? I don't know it took me a few hours to get things right, well operating half way correctly we will say that. Everyone seems way more active now that the skimmer is out of there. Interesting ....

My advice is to remove that entire rock RIGHT NOW and leave it in the sun outside for a month.

Don't mess around, you will absolutely hate yourself if you allow that aiptasia to spread. Don't even use kalkpaste or whatever on it, remove the entire rock.

You have been warned. If you don't take this advice then in a few months or a year, you will look back and think ... OMG, why didn't I listen?

V
Bout to take that rock out.

Too big for them to consume. You're better off with phytoplankton since they consume food that's 5-40 micrometers in size (from gut analysis).

Here's an old article that sheds some light on their requirements. It's old, but the info is still relevant.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/7/inverts
Thanks, yeah I blast him 2-3 times a day directly with oyster feast and the roti...Damn It was my first time in the store to actually buy a few things. I'll let you know if I murder it.

V
The voice of reason. Appreciate it.

Back