Cali Kid Corals

P/N question...

Hi guys.
My tank almost 1year mark... i run vary simple with 2 part dosing( Randy formula), seagel bag, carbon bag and macro algae. My p/n always undetected but i have good growth, coral healthy n clean the glass for algae every 2day
Lately (last 3week) i been try to raise p/n by feeding more, cut down lighting for cheato and cut down skimming time 12h/day instead 24/7, but reading still 0. All test kit by Salifert (Hanna test kit coming)
What m trying to do is raise Nitrate to 2-5 Phosphate to .025 - .060. I feel with this nutrient i can pull out more colors for my SPS.
What you guys think? My first experiment.. should i keep trying? Please advice.TIA

Alk 7.2 - 7.6
Cal 440
Mag 1400
N/P undetected
20200506_012402.jpg
20200506_012300.jpg
20200506_012228.jpg
20200506_012154.jpg

Hi guys.
My tank almost 1year mark... i run vary simple with 2 part dosing( Randy formula), seagel bag, carbon bag and macro algae. My p/n always undetected but i have good growth, coral healthy n clean the glass for algae every 2day
Lately (last 3week) i been try to raise p/n by feeding more, cut down lighting for cheato and cut down skimming time 12h/day instead 24/7, but reading still 0. All test kit by Salifert (Hanna test kit coming)
What m trying to do is raise Nitrate to 2-5 Phosphate to .025 - .060. I feel with this nutrient i can pull out more colors for my SPS.
What you guys think? My first experiment.. should i keep trying? Please advice.TIA

Alk 7.2 - 7.6
Cal 440
Mag 1400
N/P undetected View attachment 15967View attachment 15968View attachment 15969View attachment 15970

Tank is looking good. Have room for more fish?

some people like to maintain 0's and dose nitrates/phosphates to be precise on numbers, i've raised nitrates with brightwell's neonitro when my nitrates showed 0 (was battling dinos and trying to raise levels)

some people like to maintain 0's and dose nitrates/phosphates to be precise on numbers, i've raised nitrates with brightwell's neonitro when my nitrates showed 0 (was battling dinos and trying to raise levels)
I have Nan03 on hand but afraid to use, trying natural first...if not ill think about it. Thankz

Looks like what your doing is working. I’d add more fish and feed more. I will never recommend using chemicals to raise your nutrient levels. Plenty of what-s to do it and improve the health of your inhabitants.

I’d start dosing amino acids and feed more nutrient dense food more often.

Looks like what your doing is working. I’d add more fish and feed more. I will never recommend using chemicals to raise your nutrient levels. Plenty of what-s to do it and improve the health of your inhabitants.

I’d start dosing amino acids and feed more nutrient dense food more often.
I dose red sea AB daytime and arco power night (4am)

Hi guys.

Alk 7.2 - 7.6
Cal 440
Mag 1400
N/P undetected View attachment 15967View attachment 15968View attachment 15969View attachment 15970
I see you’ve got the blues on to make things pop but it doesn’t look like you need to change anything. If in fact your levels are 0 then I completely agree with the fore mentioned of adding fish and increasing the feeding. It will be good when you get the other test kits to verify.

I see you’ve got the blues on to make things pop but it doesn’t look like you need to change anything. If in fact your levels are 0 then I completely agree with the fore mentioned of adding fish and increasing the feeding. It will be good when you get the other test kits to verify.
Thanhz. Hanna test kit coming...

Phosphate reading of 0 with Salifert means almost nothing, could be anywhere from true 0 to upper limits of normal. Hopefully when you say Hanna on the way you mean the ultra low phosphate or phosphorus, which will be helpful.

Everything is looking great. What problem are you trying to solve? You seem to be feeding plenty. N and P in the ocean are almost undetectable...

The easiest way to raise N and P is to just feed more. You don’t need more fish to feed more by the way.

Phosphate reading of 0 with Salifert means almost nothing, could be anywhere from true 0 to upper limits of normal. Hopefully when you say Hanna on the way you mean the ultra low phosphate or phosphorus, which will be helpful.

Everything is looking great. What problem are you trying to solve? You seem to be feeding plenty. N and P in the ocean are almost undetectable...

The easiest way to raise N and P is to just feed more. You don’t need more fish to feed more by the way.

I probably would normally agree, but when you have only have two fish in a 50 gallon tank, I think feeding more to compensate for lack of fish poo will lead to other unwanted problems in this situation.

Thankz for advice... i try to raise nitrate a bit like 2-5 , because i tryto pull colors out from my SPS. This is my first experience

I probably would normally agree, but when you have only have two fish in a 50 gallon tank, I think feeding more to compensate for lack of fish poo will lead to other unwanted problems in this situation.
Yes. I know, next step is trio Anthias, tang, possums wrasse and may be algae Blenny. Before that i have to fine new home for my adult Katherine wrasse, he getting big n aggressive...

Back