Cali Kid Corals

Thesassyindian's 13.5 gallon m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶p̶i̶t̶ nano mixed reef

Is it getting AQI from an API with a weather service. Or do you have an air quality meter thing. My fan has aqi but I don’t think Dyson has an api

Like a bigger tank.
Cmon, admit it. You’ve already thought about what tank to get next...
I really wish I could get a bigger tank.and yes, I already have a candidate in mind :)
Even if I did, the costs associated with a larger tank are not something I can afford for the next 5 years at least.

Any pointers for reef safe magnets?

Need some for my DIY frag rack that's currently being held up using a cheap magnetic algae scraper.

In other DIY news, made media baskets with egg crate instead of getting the intank ones and saved >$100!

IMG_9976.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got hold of the cub PAR meter, and here are my initial PAR readings near all the corals I have.

Do y'all have any suggestions?

I got a profile for the AI Prime 16HDs from a friend who has the same tank, and the values below are at about 77% brightness compared to his.

Duncan220 PAR
Frogspawn180 PAR
GSP160 PAR
Zoa rock (multiple types)124 PAR
Pink Goni122 PAR
Green Pocillopora colony200 PAR
Green Hairy Mushroom170 PAR
Pandora Zoa180 PAR
Top of highest point on the rocks (directly under the light, 4" below water surface)240 PAR

Folks, for the past few weeks, I’ve been seeing an incessant buildup of a green film on my glass. It comes off like a powder with a magnetic scraper, but starts returning within an hour.

Is this green film algae? And what are the best ways to either put a significant dent in its proliferation or to completely get rid of it?

Nitrates: 4ppm (Red Sea Pro)
Phosphates: 0.05ppm (Hanna)
Alkalinity: 9.5dKH (Hanna)
Salinity: 1.025SG
Temp: 77F

Thanks!

78C10DD1-66E4-4032-9F3E-72EFD8EABF9C.jpeg

Folks, for the past few weeks, I’ve been seeing an incessant buildup of a green film on my glass. It comes off like a powder with a magnetic scraper, but starts returning within an hour.

Is this green film algae? And what are the best ways to either put a significant dent in its proliferation or to completely get rid of it?

Nitrates: 4ppm (Red Sea Pro)
Phosphates: 0.05ppm (Hanna)
Alkalinity: 9.5dKH (Hanna)
Salinity: 1.025SG
Temp: 77F

Thanks!

View attachment 20472
I had the same issue on my biocube. I spent $80 on the coralife mini uv sterilizer and I haven't seen it since.

Get a green killing machine and put it in the back of one of return chambers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh - there's one for everyone! haha

Do you use it - does it fit in the 13.5?

I'm also looking to prevent than cure - what could cause it, and how to not have it manifest in the first place.

I do not use it but They look pretty small. If doesn’t fit then maybe under your return nozzle. Just throwing out some ideas.

Much appreciated! Thank you! have you had green film algae issues before?
Asking since you have the same tank /light.

Much appreciated! Thank you! have you had green film algae issues before?
Asking since you have the same tank /light.

I have not actually. I have 4 trochus snails and 5 astrea snails plus a few hermits. Maybe that’s why but I’ve never had it for some reason.

Back