Our mission

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Trying to train my daughter to be my helper.
The wife isn’t to into it, because of the mess it causes but my son is. So me and him go sneak out the house and go road trips to the lfs. I told my kid that testing the water is like doing a science project and he thinks it’s so cooooooool, he is only 5 doing my tests and of course I’m there to supervise haha. He always asking when are we checking the water again. He knows more about ammonia and nitrate than he should for his age.
7F6FDFD8-535E-4E6F-BF07-7F28865E783B.jpeg

Last edited:
Started no3 dosing again, and my po4 tanked to 0. This was about an hour after dosing my daily dose somill check it again tomorrow before I dose.

It’s been about 2 weeks without the algae scrubber and all is well. I’m still having to dose a bit of no3 here and there to keep the levels up and po4 in the better range

I also ran the outlet tube for the carx right near the intake of the protein skimmer. That seems to be helping with ph a little. I think I’m going to build some sort of bubbling chamber for the output to bump the ph again. I just don’t want to run an air pump
B6C75FF6-A039-4D9B-B0CF-3B3A9A881F45.jpeg

It’s been about 2 weeks without the algae scrubber and all is well. I’m still having to dose a bit of no3 here and there to keep the levels up and po4 in the better range
Without your algae scrubber, what is consuming your nitrates and phosphates? Is it all that amazing coral growth? lol

Without your algae scrubber, what is consuming your nitrates and phosphates? Is it all that amazing coral growth? lol

that, bare bottom, and probably the tons of live rock I have. And by live rock, I mean Fiji and Pukani rock. I only have a few “reef saver” pieces. Those things suck in my opinion.

With the algae scrubber the tank was consuming about 2.5ppm per day of nitrate. Without the scrubber it’s consuming around 1-2 depending on how much I feed, and how I read the test kit

Calcium reactor is turned up to number 7 (of10) and 3 ventings (of 5) per day. If you know dastaco, then you know that’s pretty darn high. Good thing I kept my DOS. I may have to supplement with 2 part to keep up with demand.

Back