Cali Kid Corals

Hammer spawning

4e9198ca603baff7802d9b6555be2897.jpg

Looks the hammer is getting ready for spawning!

Not sure how this would work out in a reef tank, I assume the eggs would just get collected by the filtration system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I collected them by accident... I dipped it thinking they were flatworms, and then ended up finding out they were eggs or whatever they are.

I think once they accumulate, they come out soon after. You could try putting it in a separate tank with very very low flow until it spawns. Then move the colony back to the DT and keep the others at low/no flow.

The other thing is some will implant on rocks, so likely a few will pop up in the tank.

I collected them by accident... I dipped it thinking they were flatworms, and then ended up finding out they were eggs or whatever they are.

I think once they accumulate, they come out soon after. You could try putting it in a separate tank with very very low flow until it spawns. Then move the colony back to the DT and keep the others at low/no flow.

The other thing is some will implant on rocks, so likely a few will pop up in the tank.
Thanks @Meshmez!
Putting it in a separate tank might be tough as I don't have an extra setup, however I can put it in a mixing bucket with a spare light I have to see what comes off this.

Back