Kessil

Any black friday deals on peppermint shrimp?

Adit0

Supporting Member
Title. I'm thinking I'll dump in 20 or so and maybe this time the aiptasia will be taken care of. Are there any lfs that carry peppermint shrimp with a reputation for eating aiptasia that are also having a black friday deal on them?

Last time I needed peppermint shrimp, I asked Ed at Clearwater and he ordered me 15 or 20. They were very fairly priced when I did it. I do not recall the exact price, but I remember them being cheaper than the online prices I saw even without shipping, no more than $12 or so per shrimp.

I picked up a single peppermint shrimp from Neptune a few months ago for my (at the time) 5 gallon Fluval EVO V. The few aiptasia I wanted it to deal with we’re gone in a couple of days. Haven’t seen one since. I think I paid $10.

Never a guarantee with peppermint shrimp though… they can be hit or miss.

Depending on tank size, berghia nudibranchs may be your better bet. @JVU breeds and sells them. In my 120 gallon the peppermint I had was effective but didn't stray far from his hole so missed a lot of aiptasia. 4 nudis though scoured the whole tank and wiped out every last one of them, to the point that they eventually starved :(

Depending on tank size, berghia nudibranchs may be your better bet. @JVU breeds and sells them. In my 120 gallon the peppermint I had was effective but didn't stray far from his hole so missed a lot of aiptasia. 4 nudis though scoured the whole tank and wiped out every last one of them, to the point that they eventually starved :(
Will berghia also work with potential predators (six line wrasse)?
I've already thrown in 9 shrimp and I've never seen them again + aiptasia have just gotten worse. I'm not hopeful that 20 more will do the trick but I feel it might be the only option

@Adit0 , you are in the south bay, right? Interested in splitting 50? I have always had luck with peppermint shrimp eating my aptasia. I have ordered from Salty bottom before and had a good experience with them.

Back