2. Red Mangroves
  3. Yellow Fiji Toadstool
  4. Acropora Caroliniana Glowstick - 1st Release
  5. Nick's Banana Goni
  6. Aussie Electric Strawberry Shortcake Acro
  7. Rainbow Fireworks Acro
  8. Blue Tubs Zoas

Last edited:
Only the Mangroves and the Yellow Toadstool Is going into my tank, the rest is going downstairs into my pop's 150g and 180g..

Hopefully in a few years I can upgrade to a IM25g Lagoon or a Waterbox 25Peninsula
That makes more sense.
Sounds like you should do a journal for his tank too, or maybe get him to do it even!

Holiday Shopping Haul:

1. Maxima Clam
  2. Red Mangroves
  3. Yellow Fiji Toadstool
  4. Acropora Caroliniana Glowstick - 1st Release
  5. Nick's Banana Goni
  6. Aussie Electric Strawberry Shortcake Acro
  7. Rainbow Fireworks Acro
  8. Blue Tubs Zoas
Definitely broke the bank with latest haul...

*Buys another frag*
PURPLE MONSTER BOUNCE

This is not the official Purple Monster in the ReefBuilders Magazine but this jawbreaker does have all color variant of Red, Green Yellow, Purple, with the bubbles so technically can be classified as a true Purple Monster Bounce. Excited for the baby to grow up lookin like the momma~

Attachments

• 2750070-bce85df7bffea613db8fe7167e54ba4c.jpg
    2750070-bce85df7bffea613db8fe7167e54ba4c.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Definitely broke the bank with latest haul...

*Buys another frag*
PURPLE MONSTER BOUNCE

This is not the official Purple Monster in the ReefBuilders Magazine but this jawbreaker does have all color variant of Red, Green Yellow, Purple, with the bubbles so technically can be classified as a true Purple Monster Bounce. Excited for the baby to grow up lookin like the momma~
All frags came in healthy which is always a blessing! However, the bounce mushroom must have gotten stressed and split during the shipment so I now have 2 Purple Monster Jawbreakers :)

Found the lineage and spoke to one of the original owners and was sent over this picture! Seems like they all consistently bounce and pull purple and greens so I'm excited for what is to come. I guess my tank is officially complete... For now

Attachments

• IMG_8222.jpeg
    IMG_8222.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 47351CFF-E62B-4414-A57C-BA731E56F1A9.jpeg
    47351CFF-E62B-4414-A57C-BA731E56F1A9.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 67
It’s official… time to upgrade my tank.
I could not pass this opportunity up.

PNG True Percula Clownfish
Amphiprion Percula

2009. The very first fish I bought with my own money. 6th grade (middle school) I was hustling Costco candy to classmates so I saved enough ($18) to purchase my first Nemo!

Glad to finally own another spawning pair many years later… Wild Clownfish are different

Absolutely incredible specimens.
True Percula Egg Spawn!
True Percula Acclimation Short

Truly sentimental specimens that really tied me into this hobby.

Attachments

• 34DF82C9-4443-4629-90B0-B087A62C4F1E.jpeg
    34DF82C9-4443-4629-90B0-B087A62C4F1E.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 87
  • 63B436BF-43E0-412E-BD59-352C716BA9CB.jpeg
    63B436BF-43E0-412E-BD59-352C716BA9CB.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 3C794FF0-7E21-4ED8-8056-98EAB31E25B1.jpeg
    3C794FF0-7E21-4ED8-8056-98EAB31E25B1.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 82
  • C9D5C18D-F0E3-41D3-A7DD-016CC11A8BDC.jpeg
    C9D5C18D-F0E3-41D3-A7DD-016CC11A8BDC.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Interested in possibly attempting to take on this new project of breeding the clowns!

Please share any resources or threads you have come across so I can build knowledge and start the process once they are comfortable in my tank.
For those who have successfully done so, Please share experiences and tips!

Interested in possibly attempting to take on this new project of breeding the clowns!

Please share any resources or threads you have come across so I can build knowledge and start the process once they are comfortable in my tank.
For those who have successfully done so, Please share experiences and tips!
Did a quick Google search for clown breeding and I remember this being a good resource back in the day: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/269202-pickle’s-guide-to-breeding-clowns/ It's over 10 year old info but the biology hasn't changed much. (Reed Mariculture = Reef Nutrition, also a club sponsor)

I originally got my pair from @fingerwrinkles about 18 years ago and I think he still comes by the forum occasionally, but is the local clownfish breeding expert. Maybe shoot him a DM if you have specific questions after reading all the different resources. It's going to take a bit for the clowns to settle in so this is the best time to learn everything you can. Good luck!

Did a quick Google search for clown breeding and I remember this being a good resource back in the day: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/269202-pickle’s-guide-to-breeding-clowns/ It's over 10 year old info but the biology hasn't changed much. (Reed Mariculture = Reef Nutrition, also a club sponsor)

I originally got my pair from @fingerwrinkles about 18 years ago and I think he still comes by the forum occasionally, but is the local clownfish breeding expert. Maybe shoot him a DM if you have specific questions after reading all the different resources. It's going to take a bit for the clowns to settle in so this is the best time to learn everything you can. Good luck!
Thank you for the link! You have a pair that is 18 years old?! Amazing. I'm curious to hear about how long other reefers have successfully kept clownfish or any other species for.

My goal for 2023 is to learn about the breeding process and take on this new challenge!

2022 Goals:
- Phytoplankton
- Copepods
- White Worms
- Macro Growth

Thank you for the link! You have a pair that is 18 years old?! Amazing. I'm curious to hear about how long other reefers have successfully kept clownfish or any other species for.

My goal for 2023 is to learn about the breeding process and take on this new challenge!

2022 Goals:
- Phytoplankton
- Copepods
- White Worms
- Macro Growth
Your build thread gives me inspiration as I have started building my tank with no experience and the group here has been just so extending to us rookies and noobs. On a side note I nee one of those OG bounce in my tank when its ready!

Your build thread gives me inspiration as I have started building my tank with no experience and the group here has been just so extending to us rookies and noobs. On a side note I nee one of those OG bounce in my tank when its ready!
Thank you for the kind words! It truly means a lot.. Honestly, I'm still very much a noob! Been in the hobby since I was 11 (24years old now) but this is my actual first tank I've invested in and cared for.

Word of advice, Start slow and don't be like me and buy too many things all at once or else you fill up the tank and no more buying... there will always be a beautiful specimens out there to add to the collection. You also don't need high tech equipment for success. My build is a reference of that!

If you buy a lot of things, just have multiple tanks set up as back up so if anything happens, can always move over. Excited to follow your journey!

Back