got ethical husbandry?

Galoot's 220...rebirth 2024, take 2

You bought the aquarium from John ? If yes. Plan for it to be longer. He’s notorious for lagging. Hopefully he’s not. But just in case.
John told me my tank was done long before it actually was.
And then I had to find and pester him
I did get my tank
The tank is a work of art
But I would not trust his words alone
Make sue you get pics!

You bought the aquarium from John ? If yes. Plan for it to be longer. He’s notorious for lagging. Hopefully he’s not. But just in case.
Agreed. I bought a custom frag tank back in December and was promised delivery multiple times. Ghosted my texts, calls, FB and IG messages for weeks. I finally got it delivered mid-March. I won't be buying tanks from Advanced Acrylics ever again.

Also, check out the peninsula tank in the back room at AquaPlus the quality is horrible. The edges are not sanded evenly or polished.

Not sure what happened, but the quality just isn't the same from the past. Also make sure you don't pay all up front and pay with a credit card so you can file a chargeback if needed.

Agreed. I bought a custom frag tank back in December and was promised delivery multiple times. Ghosted my texts, calls, FB and IG messages for weeks. I finally got it delivered mid-March. I won't be buying tanks from Advanced Acrylics ever again.

Also, check out the peninsula tank in the back room at AquaPlus the quality is horrible. The edges are not sanded evenly or polished.

Not sure what happened, but the quality just isn't the same from the past. Also make sure you don't pay all up front and pay with a credit card so you can file a chargeback if needed.
The frag set up that I just bought. The guy told me he waited 6 months after the promised date. I know @Kensington Reefer. Erin just went through hella with John also.

Lucky ocean. Steve told me they either don’t or only small sizes. Definitely not custom like the old days.
Last year my buddy had TruVu custom make his 100g 72x20x16” goldfish tank.
IMG_0362.jpeg

Does TruVu not make tanks anymore?

I think they still do, here's from their website:

Yes. We build custom size rectangular aquariums. (We do not build hexagons etc...) Our limitations are a max length of 96" (8 feet) x 36" in width and 36" in height. We also build custom acrylic items other than aquariums for labs, tradeshow devises etc... To obtain pricing please click on our custom aquarium quote form link in the "acrylic aquariums" section of our menu.

Request for two 3/4” thread/slip bulkheads for the overflow returns. Everywhere is out of stock.

Anyone have them laying around?

Request for two 3/4” thread/slip bulkheads for the overflow returns. Everywhere is out of stock.

Anyone have them laying around?
I got mine before from Aquatic Collection a couple months ago. I might be heading there tomorrow as I need two more for another tank I'm drilling. I'll check if they have more (or PM me if you want me to buy 2 for you and then figure out meet up).

I got mine before from Aquatic Collection a couple months ago. I might be heading there tomorrow as I need two more for another tank I'm drilling. I'll check if they have more (or PM me if you want me to buy 2 for you and then figure out meet up).
Thanks for the offer. If Eric doesn’t have any, I’ll stop at AC next week on my way home.
But if you happen to see 3/4 thread/slip lmk!

Ok. Tank swap has started! Stock tank setup and all rocks and fish transferred over. Doing fine! Sand is in a cooler. Tank is drained and all plumbing disconnected. Ready for its pickup later tonight. New tank is awaiting its spot. Hopefully everything is in place by tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_4120.jpeg
    IMG_4120.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4122.jpeg
    IMG_4122.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 39
I am amazed that you actually have the tank that fast!!
be sure to examine it carefully before adding water
Jon is an acrylic artist
His tanks (that I’ve encountered) are wonderful

Back