High Tide Aquatics

150 gal cube from 7 stills

is the peeling on inside or outside? Check to see if the glass is still touching and not beginning to separate at the corners etc.

Mike is correct.
When you read of catastrophes in regards of aquariums, it becomes a bad dream for many.
I’ve read about Marineland, Red Sea, a Canadian manufacturer that I can’t recall the name (huge tank) and most impact on me of a tank failing, was Mike’s @sfsuphysics
We bought brand new Marineland tanks for an amazing price. Both of us built cabinets that could be used as benches for fully grown elephants; build threads of the base cabinets are here on BAR. I don't think ever crossed our minds the tanks failing; even if we had purchased them used. Last thing one needs to read/hear, is a tank leaking and the very worst, seeing a tank leaking (I lived through a 100G that cracked at one corner and is an ugly, FUGLY event). Not sure what the issue is/was with Marineland tanks but of one failing after another after another after another... within the Deep Dimension line of aquariums, I have not read online. I know that Erin had to replace two cubes? not sure if at the same home but reading about it and owning that brand of aquariums, might make someone think twice.
Through the years, I've owned some used, very few new aquariums; I've helped break down some systems and re-homed small and large-ish glass tanks. The cube I had ir running a few months and due to landlord issues, I opted for offering it to the club; it, the tank, had been running at Seven Stills from before the pandemic, initially was set across from the retail space then it rolled its way to the permanent spot at 7S.
One might, for peace of mind, buy a new one with warranty; in the vase of Marineland, they offer a lifetime warranty BUT only if you buy their (IMO) crappy cabinets. In the event Marineland replaces under warranty, they only replace the tank; nothing else. Not the life lost, the time put in, nor any damage related to damage due to a leak.
I hope @jstiltne the tank has a long happy life at the school where it will sit. A saltwater aquarium will be a great addition and a huge educational opportunity for the young minds that come across it.

BTW, @jstiltne the base of the cabinet comes apart from the rest of the cabinet; it is secured with star drive screws, either T20 or T25 driver bit. I built it that way so it could pass through small door openings (<36" wide) The PVC liner tub can be removed with suction cups.

Mike is correct.
When you read of catastrophes in regards of aquariums, it becomes a bad dream for many.
I’ve read about Marineland, Red Sea, a Canadian manufacturer that I can’t recall the name (huge tank) and most impact on me of a tank failing, was Mike’s @sfsuphysics
We bought brand new Marineland tanks for an amazing price. Both of us built cabinets that could be used as benches for fully grown elephants; build threads of the base cabinets are here on BAR. I don't think ever crossed our minds the tanks failing; even if we had purchased them used. Last thing one needs to read/hear, is a tank leaking and the very worst, seeing a tank leaking (I lived through a 100G that cracked at one corner and is an ugly, FUGLY event). Not sure what the issue is/was with Marineland tanks but of one failing after another after another after another... within the Deep Dimension line of aquariums, I have not read online. I know that Erin had to replace two cubes? not sure if at the same home but reading about it and owning that brand of aquariums, might make someone think twice.
Through the years, I've owned some used, very few new aquariums; I've helped break down some systems and re-homed small and large-ish glass tanks. The cube I had ir running a few months and due to landlord issues, I opted for offering it to the club; it, the tank, had been running at Seven Stills from before the pandemic, initially was set across from the retail space then it rolled its way to the permanent spot at 7S.
One might, for peace of mind, buy a new one with warranty; in the vase of Marineland, they offer a lifetime warranty BUT only if you buy their (IMO) crappy cabinets. In the event Marineland replaces under warranty, they only replace the tank; nothing else. Not the life lost, the time put in, nor any damage related to damage due to a leak.
I hope @jstiltne the tank has a long happy life at the school where it will sit. A saltwater aquarium will be a great addition and a huge educational opportunity for the young minds that come across it.
Yes, Marineland brand.
Was not their stand

Back