Cali Kid Corals

3/20 Frag Swap - newbie frag request/donations here

I’m hoping to make this, my first frag swap. Can I just bring less than 3 frags and swap the equivalent amount? Mainly going to meet the community.
I’m sure you’ll end up with three to throw in from any of our members going. And make sure to bring something to carry all the coral you will be taking home. There will be a ton. So don’t feel like you need to limit yourself to the number you brought.

Noob question, but does it have to be completely clear containers for your frags? Does this work? Dealmed Specimen Container with Screw on Leak Resistant Lid | Sterile Single Use Cup with Tamper Evident Seal | 4 oz. (5 Count) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094WWSR1...t_i_EYB0267G5S5T3ZMHK21Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Some people use those. They have the advantage of being more leak proof. We aren’t strict or anything, but I think the ones with clear tops work better so people can see the coral from the top without having to pick it up. Imagine hundreds of frag cups squished together on a table and you can only really see them well from the top.

The deli cups from Smart & Final, First Street brand, work best in my opinion after trying lots of different ones.

Our rules say you need to bring or have specifically arranged 3 corals to participate. For the purposes of members with extra giving corals giving to a newer member so they can attend I suggest the following:

1. Start a PM conversation with a member who has said they can bring extra, and arrange the specifics. Like a bit more explicitly that member A is going to provide member B 3 coral frags for the entry.
2. You DO NOT need to waste time to arrange to give the coral before the swap in some fashion, it can be done at the swap.
3. The member bringing the extra needs to write on the label who those extra frags are counting for, in addition to their own username. People picking corals need to know whose tank the coral came from.

Just getting up and running on my 33 cube. Most of the ugly stuff is over and just starting to pick up new frags. So, unfortunately none of my stuff is frag-able yet I wouldn't mind just showing up and maybe helping out if needed..... Maybe meet some of the members.

Attachments

• 20220307_191754.jpg
    20220307_191754.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 132
Our rules say you need to bring or have specifically arranged 3 corals to participate. For the purposes of members with extra giving corals giving to a newer member so they can attend I suggest the following:

1. Start a PM conversation with a member who has said they can bring extra, and arrange the specifics. Like a bit more explicitly that member A is going to provide member B 3 coral frags for the entry.
2. You DO NOT need to waste time to arrange to give the coral before the swap in some fashion, it can be done at the swap.
3. The member bringing the extra needs to write on the label who those extra frags are counting for, in addition to their own username. People picking corals need to know whose tank the coral came from.
Based on these rules, I have 2 frags that I can bring (Orange Yuma and Red Digitata). Will someone help me with a third? Please PM me. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I have five frags of green slimer anacropora, five frags of bubblegum digi, and some random yumas and green hairy mushrooms for people who need them.

I've offered frags but I don't think anybody's confirmed with me, so let me know if you want to claim some for entry to the swap. Otherwise I'll just throw em into the swap. Cheers!

I also still have several spare frags that I specifically made for members who need them to qualify. I’ve confirmed with one person, but if anyone else needs them please let me know by PM. I’ll be at the swap early setting up so if you don’t have time to confirm with me before, find me at the swap. I’ll be the tall bossy guy who looks more stressed out than he should be :)

Back