Reef nutrition

Featured 7/19 Behind the Scenes Steinhart Aquarium Tour!

Will you attend?

• Total voters

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
We have a very limited attendance (12) opportunity to get a behind the scenes tour from the one and only Charles Delbeek at the Academy of Sciences Steinhart Aquarium on 7/19! Time still TBD.

We'll be doing a lottery for supporting members that are interested. Respond to the poll here.

Rules:

-Must purchase your own ticket (they're cheapest 3+ days before visiting) by 11:59pm 7/14 and confirm with @Darkxerox
-Only supporting members are eligible.
-Family members are not eligible for the tour, but can of course visit the museum during the tour.
-Must adhere to all instructions by museum staff and represent the club well.
-1-2 alternates will be chosen as well in case some have last minute emergencies.

The club will be giving a donation to the Aquarium on behalf of the members as well to support ethical husbandry.

We have a very limited attendance (12) opportunity to get a behind the scenes tour from the one and only Charles Delbeek at the Academy of Sciences Steinhart Aquarium on 7/19! Time still TBD.

We'll be doing a lottery for supporting members that are interested. Respond to the poll here.

Rules:

-Must purchase your own ticket (they're cheapest 3+ days before visiting) by 11:59pm 7/14 and confirm with @Darkxerox
-Family members are not eligible for the tour, but can of course visit the museum during the tour.
-1-2 alternates will be chosen as well in case some have last minute emergencies.

The club will be giving a donation to the Aquarium on behalf of the members as well to support ethical husbandry.

I’d be interested, but I’ve already done it once before. So if other members haven’t gone and the list is full, you can withdraw my request.

To clarify the alternate option- it means if picked as an alternate you’d buy a ticket (or already have a pass), go to the aquarium at the right time, and maybe be able to tour or maybe not, potentially only finding out at the last minute.

I’d be interested, but I’ve already done it once before. So if other members haven’t gone and the list is full, you can withdraw my request.
I’m in the same situation as @RandyC. Done it before, would love to do it again, but I’d let someone else attend who has not attended go before I do.

I would love to go! A few years back my daughter and I did an overnight at the Academy of Sciences as part of the YMCA Adventure Guides program. She wanted to sleep in one of the tunnels under the fish ;) Really fun! Not that you get much sleep on those overnights ….

Attachments

• IMG_6708.jpeg
    IMG_6708.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: JVU

Rules:

Yes, I would very much like to go plus one, yes a supporting member. Last year We were in a car accident and we’re not able to make it.

Yes, I would very much like to go plus one, yes a supporting member. Last year We were in a car accident and we’re not able to make it.
There are no +1’s for this one as described in the first post. As I recall your wife also has an account here (@CaliGirlCoral), if she updates to Supporting she could potentially go on the tour too. You or you both will need to reply in the poll at the top of this thread to be be in the running. We can’t all go. There’s no guarantee that if one of you gets it the other will too, names will be randomly picked.

Back