Orange / red monti cap:
IMGP4113.jpg

Christmas favia that was receding in the 29 gallon tank:
IMGP4112.jpg

LPS bonanza!
IMGP4109.jpg

Close up shot of duncans:
IMGP4118.jpg

An interesting transparent octospawn that I bought over the weekend with Richard, after helping Eileen with the tank move:
IMGP4108.jpg

Here are some photos of my tank after settling down for a few weeks...
Full-tank shot with flash:
P3180024.jpg

I like the reflection off the front panel from this view (showing 7 of the 8 resident fish):
IMGP4142.jpg

Ricordia patch. Also teal candy canes & green duncans that survived move from S.D.:
IMGP4131.jpg

What was the starting size of that orange cap and how long did it take to reach that size? I have a small frag in my tank and its by far the fastest grower.

Very nice tank btw.

Looks great! I like your rock formation a lot better than in your first post. When will you have a video of your clown sleeping on the powerhead =P

How's your nano at work doing? Did you ever set that up?

Thanks for the comments!
Arnold, do you want some orange rics? Maybe I can saw or chip off part of the ric rock.
Greg, the orange monti cap came with the tank, but I broke off pieces during the original move. It definitely grows fast! Think I will be bringing lots of monti cap to the August meeting for anyone who wants it.
Eileen, how is your bowfront tank?
Jimmy, I still need to improve the aquascaping, which was kind of thrown together during the latest move. My 29 gallon display tank at work is the one featuring the perc who sleeps against the powerhead. It does cause alarm when I have visitors who see the small fish stuck against the Koralia.

Bowfront is doing good. Just brought home some corals from old tank. Diatom on the rocks and on the glass. Rock-scaping is on hold as my fish are not doing so well.

Chalice frags from Aqua SD
IMGP4212.jpg

Orange goniopora & open brain
IMGP4248.jpg

Anemone from Aquatic Collection (3 times its original size), with possessive GSM clown near yellow hitch-hiker sponge
IMGP4272.jpg

Duncans
IMGP4194.jpg

LPS frags: micromusa, acans, favia
IMGP4199.jpg

Sponge from Aquatic Central
IMGP4254.jpg

Scroll coral (original tank occupant)
IMGP4203.jpg

I really can grow SPS (other than monti caps)... purple tip valida from Bryan, growing quickly
IMGP4210.jpg

Maxima clam (original occupant)
IMGP4196.jpg

Slow-growing sticks
IMGP4208.jpg

Thanks, Richard! The translucent octo is doing well, although it's not much bigger than when we first saw it.

I've been having some lighting problems recently. My Hamilton 250w DE fixture fried the edge of my bulb, rendering the bulb & pendant useless. I bought two IceCap 250W electronic ballasts with Odyssea pendants from a member of Reef Central 11 days ago.

Temporarily, I've got a 150W Giesemann pendant hung over the left side of the tank. Bought it used a couple of weeks ago from a reef keeper in the Sunset District. It will be used over the 25 gallon Solana tank that we will soon set up in the office.

Some updated photos ..
IMGP4184.jpg

IMGP4185.jpg

Right side, with new flow accelerators (before I brushed the green slime off the left rock. DBTC sinularia bottom center)
IMGP4216.jpg

Thank you Jon & Eileen. Bryan, you are welcome to have any of my corals, especially if you can find one that doesn't sting your SPS. You might be getting a call next week asking questions about setting up the new lights :)

Just picked up this healthy setosa colony from Joe in Elk Grove, who is breaking down his 210 gallon tank. Hmm... under my lights, it looks kind of like the red/orange monti cap :~
IMGP4284.jpg

Back