Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

A chance to see me make a fool out of myself

Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47551#msg47551 date=1214688239]
The tank is with Max awaiting my stand/canopy plans to be emailed to him :) I just need to get the stand/canopy built and I am in business :) I don't have a return pump yet...not sure what I'm going to use either. I'm not going to push 50x turnover thru my sump this time, more like 10x. Skimmers, reactors, heaters and such do a bit better when you don't slam water thru your sump IMO/IME :D
[/quote]Oh yeah, not only that your overflow works better, you just get the top skin of water.

I'll bring the leftover sushi to the BOD meeting ;D
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47554#msg47554 date=1214688940]
you know there is NO good sushi in Santa Cruz county don't you?
[/quote]What? You're shitting me, with all of those hippies around there, you'd think you have a couple of places. We have two in HMB alone, and at least a half dozen within 20 minutes. Sushi Main St. in HMB rules though, call me when you get a hankerin' ;)
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
That's just it, hippies wouldn't know good sushi if it came up and slapped their patchouli smelling face :D They all rave about certain ones, but they just don't know ....
 
Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,882
Did someone say Sushi?? I love Sushi.. My 5 and 6 years old boys want to eat Sushi every week. There is a pretty good Sushi place on Montery/Blossomhill.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
OMG, no more sushi, hamachi, tako, ankimo, toro, some crazy "sea eel" concoction. I'm gonna pop!!!!
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
For those of you that work in the city I'll be at #2 Embarcadero with my band on Thursday from 12-1 in the afternoon as part of the People in Plazas program presented by the city of San Francisco. Come on down on your lunch break!
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
Nice that is right outside of my building!
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
Awesome! I'm going to try and hit the Ferry Building and go to http://www.boccalone.com/, ever been there? I've had some stuff from there, and it is truly my weakness all of that cured porky goodness 8)
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
Nope never have. I might have to now. I don't think it will hold a candle to the bacon mints though.
 
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
3
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3409.msg52203#msg52203 date=1218650942]
Awesome! I'm going to try and hit the Ferry Building and go to http://www.boccalone.com/, ever been there? I've had some stuff from there, and it is truly my weakness all of that cured porky goodness 8)
[/quote]

I was there a couple weeks ago. mmmmmm, meat.

Ever tried the back fat?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
[quote author=mrsseminolecpa link=topic=3409.msg52247#msg52247 date=1218675718]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3409.msg52203#msg52203 date=1218650942]
Awesome! I'm going to try and hit the Ferry Building and go to http://www.boccalone.com/, ever been there? I've had some stuff from there, and it is truly my weakness all of that cured porky goodness 8)
[/quote]

I was there a couple weeks ago. mmmmmm, meat.

Ever tried the back fat?
[/quote]That was the one that was borderline sin, I mean like original sin. I want some of that and some Soppressata di Calabria, the Soppressata tastes exactly like the salami that my friends mom smuggled in from Calabria. Really flavorful, and somewhat gamy, not your American style fat free flavorless "pork" (tastes like chicken ::)). Don't tell your husband about it or youse guys are going to have bad habits :D.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
I heard a rumor that Eileen walked by, is this true?

Didn't make it to Boccalone, now I have to stop by tomorrow on my way to Rich's house, I can't stop salivating.
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3409.msg52431#msg52431 date=1218755077]
I heard a rumor that Eileen walked by, is this true?

Didn't make it to Boccalone, now I have to stop by tomorrow on my way to Rich's house, I can't stop salivating.
[/quote]

To go bag...leave it on the steps..I'll get it later on friday :)
 
Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,600
Yeppers - awesome music Jeremy.

First time seeing you in "normal clothes" ha ha :D
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=3409.msg52508#msg52508 date=1218782441]
Yeppers - awesome music Jeremy.

First time seeing you in "normal clothes" ha ha :D
[/quote]My "other" work clothes :D
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
Jeremy in a colared shirt. What is the world coming to?

My highlight aside from that and the typical good music was the homeless guy with one tooth rocking out to a Led Zepplin request.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3409.msg52529#msg52529 date=1218816046]
Jeremy in a colared shirt. What is the world coming to?

My highlight aside from that and the typical good music was the homeless guy with one tooth rocking out to a Led Zepplin request.
[/quote]We played a few gigs at the UN building years ago, the smell of crack in the air, having to grab and drag drunk homeless people off the stairs (yes I dragged some down the stairs, they didn't seem to notice), bum fights, good times.
 
Top