Cali Kid Corals

Advice on fragging bounce mushroom

I have a biohazard bounce mushroom and I want to frag it but I am nervous I created this thread for hype and advice . I am also thinking about trying to stress it so it splits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut it in half with their foot still attached to frag disc. I had no luck when I cut them without attached foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cut it in half with their foot still attached to frag disc. I had no luck when I cut them without attached foot.

I don’t have a frag saw or bone cutters but it’s on the frag plug . Do you think it’s possible to stress it into splitting. I also heard of a method where you use rubber bands and place it straight through the mouth( my older brother talked about it). I feel like it makes sense though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrooms are tough. Just make sure to cut on a flat surface and make a nice clean cut all the way through. A single cut is your best bet. I prefer using a new #10 scalpel so I know the blade is sharp and clean. While you don't need the mouth to propagate, your chances of success are much higher if you cut straight through the mouth. Then just make sure to place in low flow in a container or shroom box (having a slotted lid is a good idea) with some rubble so that it can heal and reattach to something.

Practice on a less expensive shroom if you'd like to gain some confidence is cutting a shroom.

I remember back in the day mushroom fragging on large scale involved tossing them in a blender, giving a good whir, then pouring the slurry into grow out tanks that were just filled with rock rubble. Now I'm not saying that's the best way to go about doing this but if you were going to do it... please video tape it :D

Back