Neptune Aquatics

After the swap...Ya’ll need to calibrate your refractometers!

I do the same thing unless it's a valuable or touchy species. A nice long temp acclimation and then a nice dip. No other way to do it when you come home with 10 corals in 10 different types of water. Truth is corals are pretty hardy and it's usually not acclimation that kills them. Better just to bring them to temp and get them in clean water.
I acclimate in my bucket while still at the swap. I bring a few gallons of my tank water, and dump out half the container water and refill with bucket water.

I float frags for temp, mix frag water and tank water to make dip water, rinse in the rest of the frag water mixed with tank water then into the frag tank or coral qt tank depending on how paranoid I am about the source.

For those of you who temp acclimate without water acclimation, are you floating them in your tank or something? I’m paranoid that some water would leak out and defeat the whole purpose of the dipping. Plus it’s chaotic to have several containers floating.

I do everything on a counter next to a sink, nothing floating in my tank.

For me the water acclimation is also the temp acclimation, by adding as much of my tank water as there is frag water (doubling) every 5-10 min or so, maybe 4 times. Then dip using tank water. It doesn’t take much more effort to do each container separately than all together even with several frags, maybe 1 min per round total. But if it makes no difference, I’ll combine them after the first 1 or 2 rounds since they will all be pretty close then anyway.

Rostato- I’m more worried about other chemistry parameters like alk shocking rather than salinity.

Here's my way , no floating containers in my tank. Set containers on my table and add my tank water every 10 mins or so for about 1/2 hour ( sometimes longer ) After that but in revive and let sit for 5 mins or so then put frags in clean container of my tank water and then wonder where Im gonna place corals

For those of you who temp acclimate without water acclimation, are you floating them in your tank or something? I’m paranoid that some water would leak out and defeat the whole purpose of the dipping. Plus it’s chaotic to have several containers floating.

For me the water acclimation is also the temp acclimation, by adding as much of my tank water as there is frag water (doubling) every 5-10 min or so, maybe 4 times. Then dip using tank water. It doesn’t take much more effort to do each container separately than all together even with several frags, maybe 1 min per round total. But if it makes no difference, I’ll combine them after the first 1 or 2 rounds since they will all be pretty close then anyway.

Rostato- I’m more worried about other chemistry parameters like alk shocking rather than salinity.

I’m glad I’m not the only one paranoid about accidental contamination. I always float everything in a bucket of tap water with a heater in it in the kitchen (which is nowhere near either my quarantine or display tank). Gets it close enough to quarantine tank temperature and there is nothing getting into my quarantine tank accidentally from floating in the tank.

I use a gallon sized Ziploc bag (or double bag it) to hold the containers and/or bags to float. As many that will fit in one bag so that water doesn't get in the tank. If I have a ton of frags, I use a 10W heater in a bucket outside of the tank.

I tend to do it this way as well.

Back