High Tide Aquatics

ai prime with lux puck

alvarengadaniel8

Supporting Member
I'm trying a beta program for the ai prime that replaces the original puck with a new puck (the new puck is supposed to house higher quality leds and changes the color spectrum). I decided to use my original AI PRIME (gen 1) as I have a nano tank and don't really need the hd. I found out about this in a AI prime Facebook forum so I had some doubts. but I received the puck in the mail. I tried to install it. however I had some issues (issues 1 was that the fan area was super dirty. 2.aging power cord. issue 3. motherboard has damage from factory.. Nevertheless the guy is local and he was able to fix my issues . I'll keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• puk.JPG
    puk.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 446
  • wave.PNG
    wave.PNG
    58.2 KB · Views: 386
  • led light layout.PNG
    led light layout.PNG
    852.8 KB · Views: 403
  • led cluster look.PNG
    led cluster look.PNG
    956.4 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
How did the lux engine pucks work out?
I stopped using the light due to upgrading the size of my tank. It was cheaper for me to buy pre owned 360x instead of buying primes or hydras and converting them (i was lucky and bought three 360x for about 265 each). however, i had 0 issues with the light. And i did see growth. I also bought a 10 gallon nuvo today and i plan to use the light for that build.

Back