Neptune Aquatics

Amazon has spoiled me.. (others)

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
So I need some reef stuff, yeah I probably could drive the hour each way to Neptune but hey I'm lazy that way and it's not critical stuff, plus I don't end up with $50 in frags in addition :D. And one such place BRS, get to the checkout and the "free shipping" has it scheduled to arrive in 1 week, which is fine stick it on a mule for free I expect it to take longer but the paid shipping would be here by Monday, so I'd save 2 days by paying for shipping, now I get it BRS has tons of customers these days (it's why they got hit with collecting sales tax now too) so one day is processing, and then it won't ship until the next day, and it's still 3 day shipping not including the day it's shipped so Monday makes sense... but man oh man.. Amazon prime has it, and 2 day prime shipping seems like an eternity.

Also ordered from another online store some T5 bulbs since every place basically sells for the same rate, but I was curious about how long it would take to ship in comparison. Granted this is apples to oranges, one is a relatively small box (probably could even be an insulated envelope), the other is a hard tube that's 4+ feet long (i've ordered bulbs online before). But BRS in way up in Minnesota I think, the other place in Illinois, was just curious about how long things would take.

Mind you not complaining about the shipping time, hell if I got it tomorrow it'd take me more than a week before I started getting around to setting them as it is. But yeah... Amazon spoiled me to what I should expect.

I'm seeing that as a minus, but that's just me.

Could be worse, Amazon has spoiled me for Amazon. In DFW there's same day part of the time and next day for almost everything else. This whole 2 day thing is killing me in SF.
Yeah, San Jose has some stuff that was 2 hr shipping and now in CO not everything is even 2 day. It says prime but then when you get to checkout it will say prime 3-day.

Somethings I ordered on amazon gets same day. Easy return too.

I ordered from liveaquaria. It took a week and wrong product not same as described on their website. They said ok return accepted then no other instructions. I had to contact them again for instructions. They said if UPS doesn’t pick up after 4x then return is forfeit. I’m at lost when they didn’t even tell me that in the first place I had to grind it out from them.

Anyways bad experience with liveaquaria.

Back